TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: After the game thoughts

Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    Maybe nothing. Maybe everything. But that is not the point - if that person is a paid staff member we donít need him on the sideline with his lack of focus and awareness.
    So using that logic we should fire the coaches who sent in 12 defensive players TWICE after two separate timeouts?

I’ll just say it....that’s a bull**** call. Or a bull**** rule. Whatever you want to call it. That dude affected NOTHING.

I would feel the same way if it was a D3 game with 2 teams I don’t care about. I want to see games decided on the field. Not because a ref ran into an arm 4 yards out of bounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Iíll just say it....thatís a bull**** call. Or a bull**** rule. Whatever you want to call it. That dude affected NOTHING.

I would feel the same way if it was a D3 game with 2 teams I donít care about. I want to see games decided on the field. Not because a ref ran into an arm 4 yards out of bounds.
    Yep. Had it affected something on the field in some way, I get it. But it was the equivalent of T'ing up a basketball coach for being "out of the box."

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    If that penalty doesnít happen what changes to the gameís ultimate outcome?
    You're the one talking about us not doing the small things right.

That's a small thing....stay the **** out of the way of the refs.

Yeah even the Homers on the broadcast thought it would be just a sideline warning.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    You're the one talking about us not doing the small things right.

That's a small thing....stay the **** out of the way of the refs.
    🙄 Ok.

It was a STUDENT MANAGER or TRAINER. But hey if yíall want that pound of flesh....

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
     Ok.

It was a STUDENT MANAGER or TRAINER. But hey if yíall want that pound of flesh....
    That kinda makes the point. Why is a student manager one of the closest people to the field?

By the way, I think it's a lame call, but it was right.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    That kinda makes the point. Why is a student manager one of the closest people to the field?

By the way, I think it's a lame call, but it was right.
    He shouldnít have been in the white, Iím not arguing that. Im saying from personal experience EVERYONE on that sideline ends up in the white at some point during the season. Itís easy to get caught up in it and forget where you are. After my first year I started watching far from the LOS to reduce the chance of this happening to me.

He appeared to be far away from the LOS too which causes you to sometimes walk out farther to see whatís happening. With the quick change of field position he got caught. He messed up no doubt but heís not the reason we lost however.

Most of the GSU fans were way off by 21-40 points.

I can kind of understand why after the first 2 games.

Still so many doubted the growth potential of GSU on both sides of the ball.

Let us now go on and take the Sun Belt crown!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

Folks, that was a bad loss, that was a power five team we could have and should have beat. They are not a good power five team, granted, but still when you have a chance to win a game like that you have to do what it takes to do so.

THE GOOD
    I have to give our defensive players and special teams guys a nod here. The special teams play was great, Bass solid like always and the blocked kick and return for TD, those are the kinds of things that you need to win those kinds of games. Several guys on defense had good solid games and Duncan and Quinn played great. We had decent pressure on the QB at times, we had good penetration from our DL and LB's and plenty of tackles for a loss.

THE BAD
    When Minnesota threw the ball there were way too many open receivers. A good QB beats us by 20 in that game with those receivers they had, but part of that was our pressure getting to him. Still all the open receivers, even if they didn't get the ball was just more of the same for this year so far. Also, there is no excuse to not be lined up when the offense snaps the ball, sure you have to audible sometimes, but just getting the first call in you should not have linemen looking at the bench when the ball is snapped, it happened less this week, but once is too many times. On offense again we were vanilla to say the least. I know part of that is Werts not playing but Tomlin played well enough to turn him loose a bit more. I know they were overplaying the pitch and dive and wanted Tomlin to beat them, but still a lack of motion on most plays and very static uninspired play calling. I love the dive as much as anyone not named Adrian Peterson, but that can't be the only play you run on 80% of your first downs. The first down passes really hurt them.

THE UGLY
    Oh so much to write about on this one. First of all, playing prevent defense with over 3 minutes to play prevented us from winning the game. Keep doing what was working, you get a second and 29 and let them convert when it looked like we might get a safety no excuse for that. Two plays there, make it 4th and 13 they have to punt and the game might just be over. Second, the penalties were just over the top. The sideline call is a ticky-tacky foul to call, but it was legit, our guy does not need to be there. But you can't ever have too many players on the field after a timeout, and we did it TWICE. Someone on the coaching staff needs to pay the price for that. There is no excuse for not being able to count to 12 and go hey there is one too many out there. Too many drive extending penalties too, we have them 3rd and 12, then it is a first down on defensive holding or PI. The only PI I saw that was acceptable was on the last pass to the endzone, but you can't commit the foul and then let them catch it too.

There was a lot of heart from the defense and special teams, and for that effort to be wasted by bad coaching and penalties just hurts even more. Getting beat 44-21 would have inhale vigorouslyed, but it would not have felt as bad as this one does.
    This team needs some time to work through some things because there is a lot that needs to be fixed, that having been said, there were a lot of guys that played their guts out tonight and that is Eagle Football.