TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: After the game thoughts

1. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Iím sorry but how in the hell can you be happier than last weekís win?????
    Because we barely scraped by a fcs team at HOME last week and looked like we didnít know how to play defense, how to snap a ball, how to score a TD, and so much more. This game at least showed me we might actually be okay in conference play. With that said, we still may only be a 5 win team this year if these stupid mistakes keep happening.

The thing that Minnesota was supposed to be best at was their offensive line. We started putting decent pressure (second half) on their QB as well as getting sacks and plenty of tackles for loss on their runs.

2. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    So using that logic we should fire the coaches who sent in 12 defensive players TWICE after two separate timeouts?
    Yes.

Those are MAJOR screw ups. Entirely unacceptable.

That's easy.

Any coach who can't count should not be a coach.

I'm very concerned. We have some very serious problems, and I'm afraid they are not being evaluated honestly. We spent one game getting drilled into the ground by a far superior team, the next game doing our very, very best to lose to a far inferior team, and this game with a LOT of screwed up coaching doing our very best to hand an inferior P5 a win......

We gotta sack up and call this staff out for these screw ups. I want to see some folks on this staff disciplined. I want to see some adults take responsibility for making total noob mistakes.

3. Default Re: After the game thoughts

A LOT of things could have made a LOT of differences, but I want to see some coaches accept full responsibility for this one.

Not being able to count players on the field TWICE is absolutely unacceptable! That's no even pop-warner stuff right there!

Getting a sideline infraction ? What???

And then handing Minn that full final drive? YGTBSM!

I want to hear CL sack up in this coach's show and take some damned responsibility. He did so in our weak games last season-for stuff that wasn't really even bad coaching, but now we have some real coaching issues, and I want to hear how he is fixing that stuff.

Luck had practically nothing to do with this game. This was piss-poor coaching throughout the second half. I want some guys getting paid the big bucks to stand up and take some responsibility. That was our second P5 win-and it was flat given away by stupid stuff.

Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

I want to hear CL sack up in this coach's show and take some damned responsibility. He did so in our weak games last season-for stuff that wasn't really even bad coaching, but now we have some real coaching issues, and I want to hear how he is fixing that stuff.
    Before we get to Monday and everyone freaks out, there is no coaches show this week due to the bye. Next show will be Monday 9/23.

What hurts is we could not get the last defensive stop. Had them deep in their own territory but they still drove the length of field for win. When the game was finally on the line, we didn't make a play or find the way to win. No matter what went on before that final series, that final series ill unfortunately remember the rest of my life much like the NCState goal line fumble, the GT bad call/pitch and the UGA muffed punt.

Another come-from-ahead loss to another ****ty P5 team. Hey, makes a great addition to the highlight reel they're putting together for the 10 Year Anniversary Gala for the UF win.

Time to pop a couple Prozac, add this one to the resume, and go spread it on fan forums across the nation. Ole Miss, Arkansas, Nebraska message boards....it's about to be open season.

I woke up in a cold sweat last night. We need some discipline on this team.

8. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 1MX View Post
    I woke up in a cold sweat last night. We need some discipline on this team.
    Thats the bottom line.

If we don’t find some serious focus/discipline, we ain’t gonna win 5 games.

Even with Werts and Kennedy back, we are gonna have issues. Waaaay too many penalties.

Something bad happened in the offseason. Some difficult questions need to be answered. WTF did we do different?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    A LOT of things could have made a LOT of differences, but I want to see some coaches accept full responsibility for this one.

Not being able to count players on the field TWICE is absolutely unacceptable! That's no even pop-warner stuff right there!

Getting a sideline infraction ? What???

And then handing Minn that full final drive? YGTBSM!

Luck had practically nothing to do with this game. This was piss-poor coaching throughout the second half. I want some guys getting paid the big bucks to stand up and take some responsibility. That was our second P5 win-and it was flat given away by stupid stuff.
    When after a loss has Lunsford ever not accepted responsibility. Then people like you Grill him for saying he didn’t do enough. Jcountry, you’re one of a kind.

10. Default Re: After the game thoughts

I was at the Quicklane Bowl and watched how Minnesota walked up and down the field against Tech. I hate we lost because our rivals have won some over P5 teams but don’t over analyze the loss. Yes we do have things to work on but I think we have a great run ahead of us.