TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This game should put to bed the notion...

1. Default Re: This game should put to bed the notion...

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    10 years ago this week we lost to South Dakota State by 38 points en route to a 5-6 season. Now we’re competing with P5 teams, not settling for top 10 FCS wins and setting our vision on double digit win seasons with conference championships. These things don’t happen overnight and we’ve still got a lot of work to do- both this season and beyond- but it’s encouraging to remember where we’ve come from and exciting to think what lies ahead.
    Agree 100%

Default Re: This game should put to bed the notion...

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    10 years ago this week we lost to South Dakota State by 38 points en route to a 5-6 season. Now we’re competing with P5 teams, not settling for top 10 FCS wins and setting our vision on double digit win seasons with conference championships. These things don’t happen overnight and we’ve still got a lot of work to do- both this season and beyond- but it’s encouraging to remember where we’ve come from and exciting to think what lies ahead.
    Very well said.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    We definitely do compete.

We just got “unlucky” again.

(Of course, smart people don’t believe in luck. They know penalties and sloppy stuff ain’t luck at all.)

We owned this game. Except the part that counts.

Very frustrating loss. We did it to ourselves.
    I dont agree that we owned this game, they tried very hard to give us this game. Fleck going for it 4th and 1 on the 30 when he could have punted and taken a very nice lead into halftime. 123 rushing yards is pitiful
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

This game was a gift and we didn’t capitalize. Sorry no excuses - Citadel goes to Tech and wins.

They tried to give us this game and we didn’t want it. Pretty simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

6. Default Re: This game should put to bed the notion...

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    At our rate of wins against P5 and good OOC G5 teams I may not live long enough to see another one. Being excited about what lies ahead after our showing in the first 3 games is not something that satisfies me. I am pretty sure we are a 4 or 5 win team this season. That hurts recruiting and our mediocrity becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    The next coach will position us better to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsacamano View Post
    The next coach will position us better to compete.
    or the coach after that, or the following one or maybe the one after .......someday we will be the second G5 program to achieve perfection like UCF.

Compete? Perhaps to an extent... but do not be fooled by that score and the fact that Minnesota and Fleck tried to give us that game. We were out manned overall. I have no idea why they didn't just line up and pound it down our throats early in the 4th to kill the clock... but they should have.

What that game confirmed to me is that we aren't quite there yet. We are closer but still have a long way to go. Minnesota isn't even one of the top 3 or 5 teams in the Big 10. Our kids played their ***** off and we had a chance to win but failed (once again) to finish the drill.
    Last edited by Pike51; 15th September 2019 at 06:48 AM.

9. Default Re: This game should put to bed the notion...

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Compete? Perhaps to an extent... but do not be fooled by that score and the fact that Minnesota and Fleck tried to give us that game. We were out manned overall. I have no idea why they didn't just line up and pound it down our throats early in the 4th to kill the clock... but they should have.

What that game confirmed to me is that we aren't quite there yet. We are closer but still have a long way to go. Minnesota isn't even one of the top 3 or 5 teams in the Big 10. Our kids played their ***** off and we had a chance to win but failed (once again) to finish the drill.
    Our coaches failed.

This garbage is 100% on them.

Slogans and themes are fun, but you gotta have your bases covered. At least have your **** together enough to count our freaking players.... I’m pretty sure even TS didn’t pull that boner TWICE in a game!

This is the point way which CL needs to step up and take some responsibility for his staff.

This loss is not on the players!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Our coaches failed.

This garbage is 100% on them.
    Despite the COACHABLE mistakes we made and being outmanned, we were in it. Coaching let us down. At 3rd and forever from their own 5, we let them off the mat. Poor use of timeouts, etc. Our coaches need to get it together. 0 points by the offense in the second half, very little pre snap motion, no misdirection, pathetic. The EFFORT was there, the coaching hasn’t caught up.