TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Thread: Sun Belt Week 4 Thread

Default Re: Sun Belt Week 4 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBleedsBlue View Post
    Was at the game in Chapel Hill this weekend. Some random thoughts I had about it:

1. App had a lot of fans there, probably about like us at Georgia Tech.
    2. There were a good number of APP fans who had on both Carolina Blue and Black and Gold. It was refreshing to see we aren't the only school who have fans who have divided loyalties between alma mater and a big state school.
    3. Before and during the game, country music singer Eric Church (an App alumnus) was on the big screens...in Carolina Blue cheering on "his" Tar Heels. We've got that in common too, apparently. A country music singer alumnus who pulls for the state school above his alma mater.
    4. App played well enough to win the ball game, but by the same token, UNC missed a lot of opportunities. Freshman QB is good, but he overlooked one WR wide open that would've been a score, missed another one in the end zone wide open because he didn't put any air on the ball and the LBs underneath knocked it down. Then his WRs dropped a couple that would've been huge gains.
    5. UNC didn't account for the QB scramble all day. They didn't give up much in the way of long rushing gains except for a couple of roll-out scrambles by QB Thomas, both of which were on crucial third downs.
    6. ACC Refs looked to miss a PI call on an APP DB against a UNC WR in the end zone. The very next play the freshman QB threw a bad pick.
    7. Keenan Memorial Stadium has been updated some since 2009 when we were last there, but the updates are not comprehensive. Parts of the stadium still look old and weather beaten.
    8. It was relatively hot there, APP looked to have lots of problems with cramping.
    I'm trying to remember where I saw it posted, but I believe the refs were Sunbelt and the review officials were ACC as part of the contract. Edit: here it is.. maybe not legit though? https://twitter.com/tkhighcountry/st...271315968?s=19

Their 'bishop' buliding/endzone seating that was built after we played there is incredibly nice. Had the privilege of attending a game there last year and checking it out. I think my only suggestion for that area would be to add fans under the overhang.

2. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 4 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    I'm trying to remember where I saw it posted, but I believe the refs were Sunbelt and the review officials were ACC as part of the contract. Edit: here it is.. maybe not legit though? https://twitter.com/tkhighcountry/st...271315968?s=19

Their 'bishop' buliding/endzone seating that was built after we played there is incredibly nice. Had the privilege of attending a game there last year and checking it out. I think my only suggestion for that area would be to add fans under the overhang.
    Yeah the refs were sun belt.