TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: Predict our 2019 conference record.

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8-0

5 7.58%
  • 7-1

10 15.15%
  • 6-2

25 37.88%
  • 5-3

11 16.67%
  • 4-4

13 19.70%
  • 3-5

1 1.52%
  • 2-6

1 1.52%
  • 1-7

0 0%
  • 0-8

0 0%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

1. Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    The 2019 record will be 4 and 5 in conference play with an overall record of 5 and 7 maybe 4 and 8. The 2018 season was a one-off event. This will not get better until we have a coaching staff with real head coaching experience and coordinators with proven records at a higher level than New Mexico. Our recruiting is absolutely sub-par. We may be entering another dark period of Ga Southern football. Our 2020 recruiting class will probably rank in the bottom 5 of the Sunbelt. For those who think stars don’t matter see LSU. Nostradamus could see this coming 700 years ago.
    We REALLY needed that Minn win for recruiting.

Really bad.

And they did everything possible to give it to us.

So now Gag can brag about beating Tenn. Citdel can brag about beating GT. Even CCU can brag about Kansas......

We can brag about "bend/don't break" all down the field from 3 and freaking 30 to find a way to lose.

2. Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    No fan base in the country has the resource we have with gatadb.com, Klak. I find myself wasting time over there all the time. Thanks for all that, Klak.
    We definitely agree on that!

Fabulous resource!

Thanks for that site, and thanks for the videos!

Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    The 2019 record will be 4 and 5 in conference play with an overall record of 5 and 7 maybe 4 and 8. The 2018 season was a one-off event. This will not get better until we have a coaching staff with real head coaching experience and coordinators with proven records at a higher level than New Mexico. Our recruiting is absolutely sub-par. We may be entering another dark period of Ga Southern football. Our 2020 recruiting class will probably rank in the bottom 5 of the Sunbelt. For those who think stars don’t matter see LSU. Nostradamus could see this coming 700 years ago.
    LSU's recruiting ranking predicts they have more talent than we do, therefore recruiting stars matter. Solid logic there, Gilligan.

Here's some homework for you: Figure out how many 3-star players we had on our roster in 2014. Not nearly as many as we have now, I can tell you that much.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

4. Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    LSU's recruiting ranking predicts they have more talent than we do, therefore recruiting stars matter. Solid logic there, Gilligan.

Here's some homework for you: Figure out how many 3-star players we had on our roster in 2014. Not nearly as many as we have now, I can tell you that much.
    Yep.

I bet we had as many real 3 stars in 2014 as we do now. We know that recruiting sites automatically award two stars for an FBS signing.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

I'm just trying to figure out how we have the highest per recruit average in the SBC and how Lunsford has brought in/has commits from 6 of our top 10 highest all time recruit rankings if our recruiting is falling off.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    We ran for 7.60 yards per carry against Maine. That's 90th percentile in our 475 game history. If you take out the 3 terrible snaps, which I think we can all agree are not normal rushes, we averaged 9.06 yards per carry -- that's 97th percentile.

Did we kill our scoring drives with dumb penalties and fumbles? Sure. But Maine never stopped us.
    I've said that several times about Maine. The scheme was fine. People just repeatedly did dumb stuff.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

I still honestly feel we can go 8-0 or 7-1. The only team that scares me, like always, is Appy. I think our offense, while no where close to "setting the world on fire", will do enough and I think our defense will win us a lot of games. I also think our defensive unit is TICKED off(and should be) by not getting that stop at end of Minnesota game. I think and hope that produced a big "chip on their shoulder" and feel they have something to prove. So this years offense do just barely enough and our defensive unit wins the games for us. That is how I see it happening.

6-3 seems most realistic to me. That’d put us 7-5 and going bowling.

My heart says 7-2 putting us at 8-4
    We have the ability to go 8-1, for sure, and that puts us at 9-3.

I cannot see us losing only 1. Just the realist in me. I keep coming back to Wert’s healthiness of his arm/shoulder over the course of the season and a youngster like Tomlin still finding his way.
    Last edited by eagle95; 18th September 2019 at 09:09 AM.

5-3 best case scenario based on the first 3 games
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.