TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: Predict our 2019 conference record.

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8-0

5 7.58%
  • 7-1

10 15.15%
  • 6-2

25 37.88%
  • 5-3

11 16.67%
  • 4-4

13 19.70%
  • 3-5

1 1.52%
  • 2-6

1 1.52%
  • 1-7

0 0%
  • 0-8

0 0%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Remember the stuff Fritz did?

The tricky stuff with misdirection?

That crap usually worked wonderfully.

Do at least a little of that and give us some dimension.

Opponents know that we will run a dive at least twice per series, and maybe we will pop a throw three times a game. Sure, itís nice to see the ball in the air a few times, but there are more sure-fire ways to keep defenses honest and get some points.

Other than the simple reverse against Ark, we donít see any attempt at misdirection or trickery. Just none.

I donít think DeBeese is capable of running it with those wrinkles if he hasnít at least tried that stuff.

Supposedly, DeBeese was the offenseive genius behind Fritz. Iím beginning to doubt that.

Overall, we screw around with the dive way too much. If the holes ainít there, it ainít gonna work. And when the other team is allowed to bring everything they have and all their relatives to stack us, the holes will never be there.

I just canít wrap my head around why our offense STILL is much more Stowers than Fritz. We damned sure have the athletes to do better.

Conservative is one thing. Predictable to this point means we are gonna get our ***** kicked.
    As for the poll, I'm bouncing between 5-3 and 6-2. We need Werts back or for Tomlin to make better reads as he gets more experience. We also need WK3 back as well. Tough road games, and we usually have one head scratcher of a game against an inferior opponent.

As for the "playcalling", it's OK for you to say "I don't know, it just doesn't look like I want it to" JC. We had a VERY experienced OL under Fritz and that makes a huge difference. We are also playing this year with a back up QB who had no game experience coming into the year and have not had arguably our most exciting player on offense on the field yet. I haven't looked at the actual number of them yet, but it feels like we have had more explosive plays so far this year than we did up to this point last year. Our offense has ALWAYS been heavy on the dive and the majority of those get stuffed for small gains every year. That is nothing new.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Well, whatever our interpretation of O line mechanics, it sure ain't working great so far.

The fact that Maine stopped us so effectively is worrisome. We should handle the hell out of a team like that. Maine was no Sav State, but they weren't any kind of team which should have been able to stop our offense so effectively.

Fritz definitely was effective. I don't think he is world-class, or will ever be as good as PJ, but he was competent. Some people think he was the best coach we've ever had. I don't. I don't think he was as good as PJ or Monken. The way I view him is he was a bit of a scam artist. He never planned to be here and treated us like a doormat. The fact that he never referred to the team as "we" or "our" but always in the 3rd person told us all we needed to know about his character.

My gripe with Fritz is he left us the way he did. He even tried to snag some of our best players and recruits. That was just low-rent stuff.
    We had almost 400 yards of rushing on Maine and they "stopped us so effectively"?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

We do have 9 SBC games, right?

I keep seeing people post 5-3 or 6-2 that adds up to 8. Am I missing something? Iíve been known to

https://gseagles.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=101
    Last edited by eagle95; 18th September 2019 at 09:15 AM.

4. Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    We had almost 400 yards of rushing on Maine and they "stopped us so effectively"?
    How many trips into the end zone?

Out of how many red zone appearances?

Yes. They did stop us. Stopped hell out of our drives where they counted.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post

I keep seeing people post 5-3 or 6-2 that adds up to 8. Am I missing something? I’ve been known to

NMSU is no longer in the conference.

We stopped ourselves. Big difference. Maine didn't stop anything. How many fumbles, how many snaps over our head, how many stupid penalties that killed drives? Klak even gave you the specific stats of YPP and you still ignore them and whine about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    NMSU is no longer in the conference.
    Right! Absent minded eagle95 .... such is life

8. Default Re: Predict our 2019 Conference Record

I keep seeing people post 5-3 or 6-2 that adds up to 8. Am I missing something? Iíve been known to

Haha, I was wondering the opposite when I kept seeing records adding up to 9 games. Yep, NMSU got the boot.

6-3 seems most realistic to me. Thatíd put us 7-5 and going bowling.

My heart says 7-2 putting us at 8-4
    We have the ability to go 8-1, for sure, and that puts us at 9-3.

I cannot see us losing only 1. Just the realist in me. I keep coming back to Wertís healthiness of his arm/shoulder over the course of the season and a youngster like Tomlin still finding his way.
    Now that Iíve been corrected on forgetting to take NMSU out of the equation, conference-wise, Iíll say ...

We win the remaining OOC game with NMSU + go 5-3 in SBC for 7-5 + hopefully win our bowl game to go 8-5 overall.

We have the talent to go 7-1 (App loss) in conference + win vs NMSU and a bowl game victory to be 10-3 overall. Not very likely.

Y'all boys wild...we ain't winning a single road game.