TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle Fans at Gameday in Athens

Default Re: Eagle Fans at Gameday in Athens

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    For starters, they don't care enough to bark trash at people wearing GS. Not enough for it to matter.

GS fans have to get over the "little brother" mentality and move on. There are lots of great stadiums and campuses to visit. We (as a fan base) bring 99.9% of the crap we get on ourselves with our behavior and lack of respect for other schools. It's sad and it needs to change. You can be a fan of GS and not be disrespectful towards other schools.

Look, I'm not a fan of Athens. But it has zero to do with their fans or the school itself.
    When I was younger in the 70's and early 80's I was an avid fan of the Dawgs! As I got older I learned more about the good-ole-boy system of the Board of Regents, State Assembly, and every city and town in the state and how UGA is fed a disproportionate amount of funding to the detriment of other schools in the system. Georgia Southern's economic impact in it's region is not appreciated by those receiving the benefits. Even in Statesboro, there are business owners who owe their success to the presence of GS, but load up the $100k RV and travel to every UGA game without contributing a cent to GS. I don't really care about UGA football or any of the other NFL Farm schools. They're an anomaly compared to the 250+ teams playing DI college football. I care about Southern Georgia having a USG designated research university and South Georgia residents having every degree program offered in the region as North Georgia residents.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Itís disgusting. Itís one thing to attend the game itself in neutral or home team colors but IMO itís an entirely different thing to attend the College Gameday national TV taping (like 10 hours before kickoff) in UGA colors aíla Luke Bryan. Smh.
    Must one be neutral if attending any game in which GS is not competing, or just in Athens?

I ask because I used to go to a few Virginia Tech games with my best friend who is a big fan and season ticket holder. When I did, I wore VT colors. Is that disgusting?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

3. Default Re: Eagle Fans at Gameday in Athens

Oh boy. HeRE wE gO AgAin.

For starters, they don't care enough to bark trash at people wearing GS. Not enough for it to matter.

GS fans have to get over the "little brother" mentality and move on. There are lots of great stadiums and campuses to visit. We (as a fan base) bring 99.9% of the crap we get on ourselves with our behavior and lack of respect for other schools. It's sad and it needs to change. You can be a fan of GS and not be disrespectful towards other schools.

Look, I'm not a fan of Athens. But it has zero to do with their fans or the school itself.
    That's easy for you to say since you weren't verbally and physically assaulted at the last game when we played them. My wife and I made it less than a quarter before we packed up and headed home.

Good thing that POS didn't care about GS, or things really would have escalated.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

LOVE this part of the post Pike!

Itís so much the same as life in general. We all have choices in life to ďdo rightĒ every where we go and, ultimately, bears out our character and shows integrity.
    Last edited by eagle95; 18th September 2019 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I never want to be compared with Luke.

What a straight up putz. If he loved that place so much, he should have applied... (But I guess Athens isn't really known so much for its country music scene.)

Gotta love how he trolls us on social media too. What a tool.
    You mean like when he gave us enthusiastic congratulations immediately after the App game last year and a bunch of our fans raked him over the coals for it?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    That's easy for you to say since you weren't verbally and physically assaulted at the last game when we played them. My wife and I made it less than a quarter before we packed up and headed home.
    This happened to my wife, minus the physical assault part although she was threatened from 5 rows back.

Sheís an App St grad while attending a game at Paulson in our annual rivalry game with my family of 10 GS alum all wearing our gear. She was one little yellow dot in the middle of hundreds of Eagle fans.

Yes, I married the enemy

She didnít want to leave but left the seats to go stand by the game Security just get away from that situation. It happens everywhere for sure.

8. Default Re: Eagle Fans at Gameday in Athens

AMEN! I've been to lots of football games in lots of stadiums. Nowhere have I run into "lack of respect for other schools" greater than what I've seen at Paulson. In Minnesota last week, the MU fans were incredibly welcoming. A significant portion of the GS fan base could use a remedial course in how to act at a football game.

I did the Gameday thing in 2008 when Bama came to Athens for a 8:00 kickoff. Left Atlanta at like 6:30 that morning and got back home at like 1 am. That was a LONG day.

As for having problems there are idiots everywhere so anything is possible. But itís in the morning so the alcohol wonít be flowing yet and the UGA is playin the #7 team in the country that night. I really doubt there are going to be too many UGA fans concerned with Ga Southern on Saturday.

I got lucky as hell and was able to get a ticket for $100. I honestly donít like going to UGA games anymore. Iíve been to 2 in the past 10 years. Would rather just not fight the crowds and traffic and just watch it on TV. But no way I could turn down the opportunity to see this game at that price. Itís a cool ďbucket listĒ moment as much as anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 82eagle View Post
    AMEN! I've been to lots of football games in lots of stadiums. Nowhere have I run into "lack of respect for other schools" greater than what I've seen at Paulson. In Minnesota last week, the MU fans were incredibly welcoming. A significant portion of the GS fan base could use a remedial course in how to act at a football game.
    I attended the Minnesota game and sat in the upper deck.. what were you seeing? Seemed pretty normal for football fans.