TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Firtz on TV tonight

Default Re: Firtz on TV tonight

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Holy hell what an amazing finish.
    Lots of surrender Cobra's on the Houston sideline.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

2. Default Re: Firtz on TV tonight

OK.

I said I wouldn't watch it, but I saw the end.....

Even though I don't like the way that ****ing scarecrow left us, I do have to say I sure wish we retained him.

That victory formation trick play was something I have never seen before. Damn, that was slick!

He's a putz, and he screwed us..... But the man has talent.

3. Default Re: Firtz on TV tonight

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Houston's president might regret that comment about firing 8-4 coaches.
    4 games in 19 days is rough, and they didn’t play anybody as good as Oklahoma and Wazzu last year, it was a really weak OOC schedule.

4. Default Re: Firtz on TV tonight

See what I'm talking about when I mention Fritz's tricky stuff?

Good Lord, we could use some of that.

5. Default Re: Firtz on TV tonight

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    See what I'm talking about when I mention Fritz's tricky stuff?

Good Lord, we could use some of that.
    One minor thing I wish we carried over from his reign is handing the football to an official after a TD. Simple, but classy.

6. Default Re: Firtz on TV tonight

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    One minor thing I wish we carried over from his reign is handing the football to an official after a TD. Simple, but classy.
    Absolutely.

(And it would be a good way to avoid a dumbass penalty. Too much showboating from a lot of teams now.)

Damn, I miss the tricky stuff. We had a few real beauties. A lot of people don't remember how good those teams were at misdirection. That can be a great weapon. And a double reverse or two-so nice!

I don't know why we haven't even attempted anything even halfway tricky (except the reverse, which was good-but I'm not sure that even counts as tricky.)

Gotta give Props to our carpetbagging scarecrow tonight. That was one hell of a way to win a game. (And I don't care what anyone says about playcalling, stuff like that comes from the HC. If it's in the playbook, that's where it comes from. Takes balls to put stuff like that victory formation trick in the book in the first place. That was definitely the play of the week.)

7. Default Re: Firtz on TV tonight

We have a nifty onside kick play.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Our guys hand the footballs off all the time, and are much better about it than some teams. Every now and then they get caught up in emotions of a play, but for the most part, some will even go out of their way to hand it off

That actually started under Monken.

Big win, a couple of years ago, Tulane doesn't win this game. They are starting to find a "way to win". Of course Willie starting to get some studs playing for him like #1, a transfer from Oklahoma State. Season still early with a lot of solid football teams to play but a huge win to go 3-1, 1-0 in AAC and getting closer to another Bowl visit. Yep, the guy can coach. Like I said, Willie still has lots of work to do to get Tulane to where he wants it to be, he isn't going anywhere just yet. Don't forget they play in a conference with UCF.

Misdirection plays, nice to have a few in your playbook. Also nice to have more than 2 pages in your playbook.