TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PJ Consulting??

1. Default PJ Consulting??

I noticed Vince Dooley is consulting for Kennesaw.

I wonder if anyone has looked into getting PJ to do that for us.....

Everyone agrees he was one of our very best. Maybe he could be useful in a consulting role.

Seems like his experience and many years of success could be a good resource in terms of compensating for lack of experience (which seems to be a perennial problem for us.)

Default Re: PJ Consulting??

Lunsford has already consulted with your boy Fritz, who helped him with the whole process when he was putting his staff together and they have still worked together some since then. He's also spent time with Dabo Swinney.

I like PJ too, but it's not like we're just sitting around either.

If I had my preference though, Doug Ruse would have been hired as an analyst instead of being allowed to go to a D2. Sewak would have been brought in as well.

What would PJ consult in, exactly? Our schemes are derivative of his but also very different, and it's not like he's a recruiting guru or has experience as an AD as Vince Dooley does.

4. Default Re: PJ Consulting??

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Lunsford has already consulted with your boy Fritz, who helped him with the whole process when he was putting his staff together and they have still worked together some since then. He's also spent time with Dabo Swinney.

I like PJ too, but it's not like we're just sitting around either.

If I had my preference though, Doug Ruse would have been hired as an analyst instead of being allowed to go to a D2. Sewak would have been brought in as well.
    I’m just thinking PJ might be useful as a big picture guy, and potentially in terms of consulting for hiring considerations.

I think that’s probably what Dooley is doing for Kennesaw.

Our program has long had had issues with what I’d call continuity. Not just at personnel, but continuity of basic concepts. We just don’t have any kind of long term plan. Never have, as far as I can tell. Over the years, we have taken wild swings at all kinds of different offenses, defenses and such. Just kind of throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks.

No fun having to rebuild our offense and defense every few years. I think someone should help us form a long term strategic plan. Set forth what offense and defense we are gonna recruit for and hire for and stick with that-beyond the time horizon of a coaching staff which rotates out every handful of years.

I think someone who has been around the type of football we seem to embrace for so long might be helpful with constructing a long term plan. Maybe PJ would be good for something like that....

IDK. Just a thought.

5. Default Re: PJ Consulting??

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    What would PJ consult in, exactly? Our schemes are derivative of his but also very different, and it's not like he's a recruiting guru or has experience as an AD as Vince Dooley does.
    No one can ever be a recruiting Guru for GT.

That school has high academic standards (sort of) and crap fans. That’s not PJ’s fault.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I’m just thinking PJ might be useful as a big picture guy, and potentially in terms of consulting for hiring considerations.

Our program has long had had issues with what I’d call continuity. Not just at personnel, but continuity of basic concepts. We just don’t have any kind of long term plan. Never have, as far as I can tell. Over the years, we have taken wild swings at all kinds of different offenses, defenses and such. Just kind of throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks.

No fun having to rebuild our offense and defense every few years. I think someone should help us form a long term strategic plan. Set forth what offense and defense we are gonna recruit for and hire for and stick with that-beyond the time horizon of a coaching staff which rotates out every handful of years.

I think someone who has been around the type of football we seem to embrace for so long might be helpful with constructing a long term plan. Maybe PJ would be good for something like that....

IDK. Just a thought.
    So something like this...

https://gseagles.com/staff.aspx?staff=208

IDK. Just a thought.
    You're having concerns to have concerns now. Besides...I can tell you what PJ would say. Run the flex.

What happened with us from Dec 15 - Dec 17 is not normal. It was the result of poor hiring decisions. The decision in 2015 was poor then we doubled down on it in 2016.

The process to hire Fritz was a really good one. We haven't followed that process since. The same AD was in charge for the last 3 FB hires.

The important thing is to bring in coaches that know how to use the talent on hand while they slowly transition to what they really want to do. We can't dictate what offense and defense we want to run to coaches....that's a good way to scare off qualified candidates.

8. Default Re: PJ Consulting??

I guess.

Just seems like something is amiss.

Most schools have a dud every once in a while, but damn....

We sure seem to have more than our fair share of Stowers, BVGs, Hatchers, and TSs....

We do hire a great coach or two along the way, but damn.

BTW.... Why not run the flex? Seems like it would work well in this conference

I guess.

Just seems like something is amiss.

Most schools have a dud every once in a while, but damn....

We sure seem to have more than our fair share of Stowers, BVGs, Hatchers, and TSs....

We do hire a great coach or two along the way, but damn.
    Plenty of teams hire **** coaches.

Even Bama has.

And who suggested Stowers?

PJ could consult Debesse on the line....as in how to avoid it at all the restaurants during the early bird special.