TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PJ Consulting??

1. Default Re: PJ Consulting??

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    PJ could consult Debesse on the line....as in how to avoid it at all the restaurants during the early bird special.
    Oh no you didn’t!

Default Re: PJ Consulting??

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I guess.

Just seems like something is amiss.

Most schools have a dud every once in a while, but damn....

We sure seem to have more than our fair share of Stowers, BVGs, Hatchers, and TSs....

We do hire a great coach or two along the way, but damn.

BTW.... Why not run the flex? Seems like it would work well in this conference
    Neither Stowers nor Hatcher was a **** coach. In Hatcher’s case, we should have been able to hire a better fit, but both are/were solid HCs.

BVG and TS, on the other hand . . .

Dysfunction within a program’s leadership—including within its network of boosters—can lead to some of these things. The Sewak/BVG error is perhaps the quintessential example of that.

I don’t know much about the decision to go with TS, but whatever course GS’s official and unofficial power players followed then was clearly disastrous. I don’t know whether it was as “political” as the transition from Sewak to BVG, though.

I’d sure love a follow up to that infamous tweet which suggested the “process” was bizarre.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Neither Stowers nor Hatcher was a **** coach. In Hatcher’s case, we should have been able to hire a better fit, but both are/were solid HCs.

Dysfunction within a program’s leadership—including within its network of boosters—can lead to some of these things. The Sewak/BVG error is perhaps the quintessential example of that.

I don’t know much about the decision to go with TS, but whatever course GS’s official and unofficial power players followed then was clearly disastrous. I don’t know whether it was as “political” as the transition from Sewak to BVG, though.

I’d sure love a follow up to that infamous tweet which suggested the “process” was bizarre.
    This.

4. Default Re: PJ Consulting??

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

We will definitely have to go ahead and disagree about Stowers.

He was awful.

(He won with Erk’s team, and then it was just garbage time.)

I’ve never seen the same plays tried so many times in a row before or since... (Although, on our first drives of every series I do begin to wonder whether he’s lurking in the booth somewhere.)

Yeah. Stowers was awful. He was just a slightly less capable version of Goff. He was a nice guy, but so was Big Head.

We will definitely have to go ahead and disagree about Stowers.

He was awful.

(He won with Erk’s team, and then it was just garbage time.)

I’ve never seen the same plays tried so many times in a row before or since... (Although, on our first drives of every series I do begin to wonder whether he’s lurking in the booth somewhere.)

Yeah. Stowers was awful. He was just a slightly less capable version of Goff. He was a nice guy, but so was Big Head.
    And who recommended we hire him?

6. Default Re: PJ Consulting??

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    And who recommended we hire him?
    So?

Who recommended we hire TS?

No one has a crystal ball. Often people who look good on paper just don’t work out. Although, TS didn’t even look good on paper. That was just a straight garbage hire from the first moment.

So?

Who recommended we hire TS?
    You're asking about PJ consulting.

Who did we consult with about hiring Stowers?

You get the point I'm making here?

8. Default Re: PJ Consulting??

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    You're asking about PJ consulting.

Who did we consult with about hiring Stowers?

You get the point I'm making here?
    I get it.

I was just thinking PJ might be useful.

IDK what Kennesaw is using Dooley for, but I can’t imagine they would be doing it if experience and success weren’t useful to them. I can think of someone with some pretty damned impressive experience and success, and golly gee he’s retired and perhaps a little bored. Just like Dooley.

Just an idea. Just spitballing

PJ would be great. Anything’s better than our boring offense so far this year.

I’ll keep dreaming about PJ’s return (AD would be awesome).
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by gsutrublu View Post
    PJ would be great. Anything’s better than our boring offense so far this year.

I’ll keep dreaming about PJ’s return (AD would be awesome).
    Why?