TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hanner Hooligans Clements Crazies... Paulson???

Default Hanner Hooligans Clements Crazies... Paulson???

Just thinking. We have the Hanner Hooligans and the Clements Crazies but Paulson doesn't have a name for that group. I know we have the Power of Paulson but I was just curious and bored wondering what they could call that section. Maybe this isn't the place for this discussion and I'm not part of that section but just a thought.

Default Re: Hanner Hooligans Clements Crazies... Paulson???

I think it would be awesome to dedicate one area of the student sections as a "supporters" area similar to what soccer teams do. I would think it would expand naturally over time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I think it would be awesome to dedicate one area of the student sections as a "supporters" area similar to what soccer teams do. I would think it would expand naturally over time as well.
    That's what the student eagle club did but it eventually died down

I think they're working to revive a similar program though.
    I know there was a hooligan meeting last week.. I think the goal is to get a few students involved to kind of lead the way and get the interest back up for all sports

Seems like the Student Eagle Club died down due to lack of leadership/graduation. They used to rope an area close to the visitors bench for them and it was always packed. Good name you got me on that one. Paulsons Talons? Paulsons Nest? Eagles Nest?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I've said this multiple times, but if the University wants to make this an official thing, go talk to the folks who run the student section at the University of Utah.

They grew that from a few hundred to 8000 members in a very short time. Now it's even difficult for students to get tickets in the student section.

They're the best at it that I've seen and built it from nothing. Never hurts to follow a successful model.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Seems like the Student Eagle Club died down due to lack of leadership/graduation. They used to rope an area close to the visitors bench for them and it was always packed. Good name you got me on that one. Paulsons Talons? Paulsons Nest? Eagles Nest?
    hmmm...Eagles nest wouldn't be terrible I haven't thought about that. I guess I was stuck in the alliteration mindset like Hanner Hooligans or Clements Crazies etc

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
    hmmm...Eagles nest wouldn't be terrible I haven't thought about that. I guess I was stuck in the alliteration mindset like Hanner Hooligans or Clements Crazies etc
    I like the idea of each stadium/arena having it's own group name. "Paulson ____" ?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

If you wanted to keep the alliterative thing going, I was thinking Paulson Patrol, Paulson Platoon.... doesn't take into effect the "crazy" factor like a hooligan or a crazy though. Paulson Punks?

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

9. Default Re: Hanner Hooligans Clements Crazies... Paulson???

We need to dedicate the section on the 50 yd line to some kind of student group. We can start with half the section and hopefully it grows to take up the whole section. The thing with the student eagle club was that it costs money and all you got was a tshirt for it. Even though the 50 yd line section was supposed to be reserved, anyone could stand that once the game started so it wasn't really a perk. Why pay $20 when you could stand there for free anyway?

For it to be successful, there needs to be some kind of reason for people to join the club ie a giveaway every game or maybe free dominos pizza for each member during the game.

Here's some ideas from other student/fan sections that could incentivize participation:

I think it's dumb that they banned students from bringing their flags/fraternity banners into the stadium. To me, that always added some extra flair. Also, I think it would be incredibly easy to supply shakers to our students every game. It seems like every single P5 school does this. Imagine if our entire student section was waving around white shakers or towels. It just seems like there's so much more we could be doing to encourage students to get active and participate even if it's supplying just one section with something every game.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    We need to dedicate the section on the 50 yd line to some kind of student group. We can start with half the section and hopefully it grows to take up the whole section. The thing with the student eagle club was that it costs money and all you got was a tshirt for it. Even though the 50 yd line section was supposed to be reserved, anyone could stand that once the game started so it wasn't really a perk. Why pay $20 when you could stand there for free anyway?

For it to be successful, there needs to be some kind of reason for people to join the club ie a giveaway every game or maybe free dominos pizza for each member during the game.

Here's some ideas from other student/fan sections that could incentivize participation:

I think it's dumb that they banned students from bringing their flags/fraternity banners into the stadium. To me, that always added some extra flair. Also, I think it would be incredibly easy to supply shakers to our students every game. It seems like every single P5 school does this. Imagine if our entire student section was waving around white shakers or towels. It just seems like there's so much more we could be doing to encourage students to get active and participate even if it's supplying just one section with something every game.
    I wasn't able to make but one game last year, and I sat in the student section for it. While it was packed, no one was doing anything. Just standing there and watching the game with the only noise being the Georgia Southern chant. Maybe I'm looking back in rose tinted glasses, but it seemed like every game I went to we were constantly jumping up and down, screaming, chanting things at the opponents sideline, etc.