TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5051525354 LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    What's the point of this place?

We can't debate and have good conversation about what needs to improve vs what is already good?

Why?

(I just don't fit well in today's hyper-sensitive world. This modern level of sensibility just doesn't make sense. Our ancestors fought and won huge world wars. Too many of us just cry 12 times a day whenever we see anything that makes us sad. I'll never understand. Why can't people just disagree without becoming apoplectic? I don't even understand how anyone could possibly get offended by anything I wrote.)
    You aren't debating anything, you're just repeating your same ***** over and over again.

2. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

We can't debate and have good conversation about what needs to improve vs what is already good?

Why?

(I just don't fit well in today's hyper-sensitive world. This modern level of sensibility just doesn't make sense. Our ancestors fought and won huge world wars. Too many of us just cry 12 times a day whenever we see anything that makes us sad. Some people just make up pointless things to be sad about-just to create moving targets..... I'll never understand. Why can't people just disagree without becoming apoplectic? I don't even understand how anyone could possibly get offended by anything I wrote. That certainly wasn't my intent. I get that stuff on the internet comes off harsher than intended, but no one reads anything literally. They just jump to conclusions about why they should be offended-as if it's some kind of competition. If we can't be critical of awful performace, we will never see improvement.)

And once again-if people really want something to get sad about-just head on over to FB or twitter. People are saying actual big-boy mean things all over other social media. This place is super tame by comparison. (Yes. CL is definitely at those other places, and has seem much, much meaner stuff than he would ever see here.)
    We can debate. We can disagree. But that isn't what you are doing.

The reason we are 1-3 isn't because in your words, CL is trying to be a youth pastor. We are 1-3 because we have gotten poor play from the offensive and defensive lines. I also feel we are missing strong senior leadership. I could be wrong, but I don't see a Wesley Fields or a Joshua Moon this year.

3. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

Someone need to say it.

We ain’t running a church.

That stuff has gone to a level that’s hurting us.
    Man, you’ve got a strong political view. I suggest you either drop this particular criticism, or go to another venue to vent.

Someone need to say it.

We ain’t running a church.

That stuff has gone to a level that’s hurting us.
    I think it's apparent at this point that you cannot process things you read, see or hear the same way others do.

Coach Lunsford was asked about the criticism from fans, and his response was essentially "I'm a big boy, I can take it, it doesn't matter what people think of me because ultimately God will judge me" which is a 100% accurate representation of his Christian beliefs, which you claim to be a Christian so you should know that. You should also know that if you are a Christian that your religion and faith should not be limited to just Sunday. Apparently with you it is which explains why you are so angry about it.

As for Debesse, I have broken down the first 15 plays of the first drive against the ULL game, showing that we only ran a dive play 5 times. In fact, we used motion, different formations including the flex, and also mixed in a PA pass. Once that was posted you conveniently avoided that thread like the plague because you cannot understand how whatever you have convinced yourself of inside that head of yours isnt gospel (Pun intended).

Not many people here are happy with the results thus far, although most of us are willing to discuss it and bring some solutions or actual analysis to the table, other than "Debesse inhales vigorously, Stowers inhales vigorously, up da middle inhales vigorously" or whatever talking point you are stuck on for that day that you are unable to back up with any sort of factual basis other than your own emotional response to how things don't go your way. If you want to rant and rave and put out incoherent thoughts for the sake of your own mental sanity, might I suggest Twitter.

5. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

I'm actively looking for a vBulletin mod that can rate limit certain posters. This is getting ridiculous. A crazy percentage of the recent posts on this board are from one user and they're posts repeating the same thing over and over.

We get it. You hit the bullet points many times. DeBesse inhales vigorously, OL inhales vigorously, not a church, etc, etc. If you're going to post this much then you need to drop in some analytics, break down some film, or provide something of actual value. Right now you're just noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I'm actively looking for a vBulletin mod that can rate limit certain posters. This is getting ridiculous. A crazy percentage of the recent posts on this board are from one user and they're posts repeating the same thing over and over.

We get it. You hit the bullet points many times. DeBesse inhales vigorously, OL inhales vigorously, not a church, etc, etc. If you're going to post this much then you need to drop in some analytics, break down some film, or provide something of actual value. Right now you're just noise.
    THIS^
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post

We get it. You hit the bullet points many times. DeBesse inhale vigorouslys, OL inhale vigorouslys, not a church, etc, etc. If you're going to post this much then you need to drop in some analytics, break down some film, or provide something of actual value. Right now you're just noise.
    Does "mod" here mean software add-on or moderator?

Edit - NM

8. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

Why?

(I just don't fit well in today's hyper-sensitive world. This modern level of sensibility just doesn't make sense. Our ancestors fought and won huge world wars. Too many of us just cry 12 times a day whenever we see anything that makes us sad. Some people just make up pointless things to be sad about-just to create moving targets..... I'll never understand. Why can't people just disagree without becoming apoplectic? I don't even understand how anyone could possibly get offended by anything I wrote. That certainly wasn't my intent. I get that stuff on the internet comes off harsher than intended, but no one reads anything literally. They just jump to conclusions about why they should be offended-as if it's some kind of competition. If we can't be critical of awful performace, we will never see improvement.)

And once again-if people really want something to get sad about-just head on over to FB or twitter. People are saying actual big-boy mean things all over other social media. This place is super tame by comparison. (Yes. CL is definitely at those other places, and has seem much, much meaner stuff than he would ever see here.)
    Despite your initial intent, certainly subjects have a tendency to escalate to a point that is offending, unnecessary, frivolous and just quite frankly just uncomfortable for many others. IMO that shouldn't even have to be said.

9. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Does "mod" here mean software add-on or moderator?
    Software add-on.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I think it's apparent at this point that you cannot process things you read, see or hear the same way others do.

Coach Lunsford was asked about the criticism from fans, and his response was essentially "I'm a big boy, I can take it, it doesn't matter what people think of me because ultimately God will judge me" which is a 100% accurate representation of his Christian beliefs, which you claim to be a Christian so you should know that. You should also know that if you are a Christian that your religion and faith should not be limited to just Sunday. Apparently with you it is which explains why you are so angry about it.

Well most coaches you will hear in response to criticism is "I am the head coach and I take full responsibility for the lack luster performances, criticism comes with the territory."

Bringing up the Christian aspect in regards to answering the question is redundant and not necessary. Too me, it is a deflection and comes off as a force field. I have no issue with him bringing faith into the fold as the head coach but the optics in the context of criticism is ill timed IMO.