TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 52535455 LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 549

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

  1. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

    I'm actively looking for a vBulletin mod that can rate limit certain posters. This is getting ridiculous. A crazy percentage of the recent posts on this board are from one user and they're posts repeating the same thing over and over.

    We get it. You hit the bullet points many times. DeBesse inhales vigorously, OL inhales vigorously, not a church, etc, etc. If you're going to post this much then you need to drop in some analytics, break down some film, or provide something of actual value. Right now you're just noise.

  2. #532

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I'm actively looking for a vBulletin mod that can rate limit certain posters. This is getting ridiculous. A crazy percentage of the recent posts on this board are from one user and they're posts repeating the same thing over and over.

    We get it. You hit the bullet points many times. DeBesse inhales vigorously, OL inhales vigorously, not a church, etc, etc. If you're going to post this much then you need to drop in some analytics, break down some film, or provide something of actual value. Right now you're just noise.
    THIS^
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

  3. #533

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I'm actively looking for a vBulletin mod that can rate limit certain posters. This is getting ridiculous. A crazy percentage of the recent posts on this board are from one user and they're posts repeating the same thing over and over.

    We get it. You hit the bullet points many times. DeBesse inhale vigorouslys, OL inhale vigorouslys, not a church, etc, etc. If you're going to post this much then you need to drop in some analytics, break down some film, or provide something of actual value. Right now you're just noise.
    Does "mod" here mean software add-on or moderator?

    Edit - NM

  4. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    What's the point of this place?

    We can't debate and have good conversation about what needs to improve vs what is already good?

    Why?

    (I just don't fit well in today's hyper-sensitive world. This modern level of sensibility just doesn't make sense. Our ancestors fought and won huge world wars. Too many of us just cry 12 times a day whenever we see anything that makes us sad. Some people just make up pointless things to be sad about-just to create moving targets..... I'll never understand. Why can't people just disagree without becoming apoplectic? I don't even understand how anyone could possibly get offended by anything I wrote. That certainly wasn't my intent. I get that stuff on the internet comes off harsher than intended, but no one reads anything literally. They just jump to conclusions about why they should be offended-as if it's some kind of competition. If we can't be critical of awful performace, we will never see improvement.)

    And once again-if people really want something to get sad about-just head on over to FB or twitter. People are saying actual big-boy mean things all over other social media. This place is super tame by comparison. (Yes. CL is definitely at those other places, and has seem much, much meaner stuff than he would ever see here.)
    Despite your initial intent, certainly subjects have a tendency to escalate to a point that is offending, unnecessary, frivolous and just quite frankly just uncomfortable for many others. IMO that shouldn't even have to be said.

  5. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Does "mod" here mean software add-on or moderator?
    Software add-on.

  6. #536

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I think it's apparent at this point that you cannot process things you read, see or hear the same way others do.

    Coach Lunsford was asked about the criticism from fans, and his response was essentially "I'm a big boy, I can take it, it doesn't matter what people think of me because ultimately God will judge me" which is a 100% accurate representation of his Christian beliefs, which you claim to be a Christian so you should know that. You should also know that if you are a Christian that your religion and faith should not be limited to just Sunday. Apparently with you it is which explains why you are so angry about it.

    Well most coaches you will hear in response to criticism is "I am the head coach and I take full responsibility for the lack luster performances, criticism comes with the territory."

    Bringing up the Christian aspect in regards to answering the question is redundant and not necessary. Too me, it is a deflection and comes off as a force field. I have no issue with him bringing faith into the fold as the head coach but the optics in the context of criticism is ill timed IMO.

  7. #537

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyFaceMasks View Post
    Well most coaches you will hear in response to criticism is "I am the head coach and I take full responsibility for the lack luster performances, criticism comes with the territory."

    Bringing up the Christian aspect in regards to answering the question is redundant and not necessary. Too me, it is a deflection and comes off as a force field. I have no issue with him bringing faith into the fold as the head coach but the optics in the context of criticism is ill timed IMO.
    Did you watch the whole thing? He literally said just that and took full responsibility multiple times. He did the same in the Savannah paper today. He simply referred to his faith at the end as to why he was OK with and could handle any criticism that would come his way. M

    The way some of you are characterizing this reminds me of a click bait headline that turns out to have nothing to do with the underlying facts.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

  8. #538

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Did you watch the whole thing? He literally said just that and took full responsibility multiple times. He did the same in the Savannah paper today. He simply referred to his faith at the end as to why he was OK with and could handle any criticism that would come his way. M

    The way some of you are characterizing this reminds me of a click bait headline that turns out to have nothing to do with the underlying facts.
    I listened to it live. I'm giving you my interpetation and the optics of it. we see it differently.

  9. #539
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dubtown, GA
    Posts
    1,880

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Software add-on.
    This definitely exists. I've seen it on another Vb forum.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  10. #540

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Louisiana (September 28 - 6:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyFaceMasks View Post
    Well most coaches you will hear in response to criticism is "I am the head coach and I take full responsibility for the lack luster performances, criticism comes with the territory."
    ”We’ve got a lot of work to do, and that starts with me.”

    ”Obviously, this loss is on me.”

    “I’m a big boy, so people can say what they’re going to say.”

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyFaceMasks View Post
    we see it differently.
    I guess so, because I see him saying exactly what you suggest he should have said.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Similar Threads

  1. Louisiana Score + Attendance Prediction Thread
    By eaglemark in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: 29th September 2019, 12:09 PM
  2. [GAME THREAD] Football at Minnesota (September 14 - 3:30:00 PM)
    By GameThreadBot in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 760
    Last Post: 14th September 2019, 09:38 PM
  3. [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)
    By GameThreadBot in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 525
    Last Post: 8th September 2019, 08:02 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd September 2019, 05:58 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 3rd October 2015, 07:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •