TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 241

Thread: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

  1. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    We had 2 drives killed by bad snaps, and stalled in the red zone twice.

    I mean, we obviously didn't beat ourselves in that game for sure, but we played for from our best game.
    Yeah, but itís not exactly like those are one-offs, thatís pretty consistent play for us this year.

  2. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

    The Cajuns do have a nice stadium.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,895

    Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    The Cajuns do have a nice stadium.
    Eh.

    It's not that great in person.

    Kinda like Troy's.


  4. #54

    Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Because we were thoroughly dominated by Louisiana at home, and if not for two muffed punts we lose by 21+ in that game.

    Meanwhile, App is currently shutting ULL out.
    But ULL did muff two punts just like we made mistakes. You cannot just remove a teams inadequate play from a game to match your argument because if we make two more stops against ULL we win by 1......and on and on and on. It just does not work that way.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  5. #55

    Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    The Cajuns do have a nice stadium.
    Closing in a stadium does wonders for the size appearance. Mississippi State is a good example.

    Iím on mobile so I canít post pictures, but look up images of their stadium before and after they closed in one side. It wasnít small before, holding 55k, but just adding 6k more seats in a closed off end zone makes it look much larger than it is

  6. #56

    Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yeah, but it’s not exactly like those are one-offs, that’s pretty consistent play for us this year.
    The red zone problems I could see continuing all season. The bad snaps are entirely one player who came into the season as a starting guard.

    Anyways, my point wasn't to say that App isn't any better than us. Just that they don't look better than ULL so far.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  7. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Eh.

    It's not that great in person.

    Kinda like Troy's.
    Yeah, but perception is reality for the million or so watching on ESPN that will never be there in person.

  8. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Closing in a stadium does wonders for the size appearance. Mississippi State is a good example.

    Iím on mobile so I canít post pictures, but look up images of their stadium before and after they closed in one side. It wasnít small before, holding 55k, but just adding 6k more seats in a closed off end zone makes it look much larger than it is
    Yeah, I agree... IMO closing it in just looks so much better on a broadcast than a building like Bishop or emergency vehicles or whatever App has on the other side of that track.

  9. #59

    Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    But ULL did muff two punts just like we made mistakes. You cannot just remove a teams inadequate play from a game to match your argument because if we make two more stops against ULL we win by 1......and on and on and on. It just does not work that way.
    But what if Maine doesn't drop the flea flicker?
    But what if Minnesota doesn't give us the ball twice on special teams?
    But what if ULL doesn't muff 2 punts?

    You can certainly find faults with the team without resorting to "what if you take away our opponents mistakes without taking away ours"?
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  10. #60

    Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    But what if Maine doesn't drop the flea flicker?
    But what if Minnesota doesn't give us the ball twice on special teams?
    But what if ULL doesn't muff 2 punts?

    You can certainly find faults with the team without resorting to "what if you take away our opponents mistakes without taking away ours"?
    yes
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Similar Threads

  1. Sun Belt Week 1 Thread
    By kdarnell233 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 3rd September 2017, 11:37 AM
  2. Sun Belt Week 11 Thread
    By kdarnell233 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 15th November 2015, 01:04 AM
  3. Week 7 Sun Belt Thread
    By kdarnell233 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 18th October 2015, 10:54 AM
  4. Sun Belt Week 6 Thread
    By kdarnell233 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 11th October 2015, 11:14 AM
  5. Sun Belt Week 4 Thread
    By kdarnell233 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 29th September 2015, 03:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •