TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Speaking of recruiting...

Default Speaking of recruiting...

I don't know how many people listen to the Inside Eagle Nation podcast with Danny Reed and Colin Lacy each week, but I typically do. This week they Colin did a long sit-down (Beyond the Bio segment) with Matt "Bussie" Brennan, who is the director of player personnel for football. Basically he's our recruiting funnel and our initial talent evaluator. He starts with a database of 5000 or so players, whittles it down to the number we will recruit (300-400), and then gets that group down to our ultimate signing class of 20-25. He was brought in during Summers' tenure and was a holdover with Lunsford. Interesting info, I would recommend everyone giving it a listen.

Default Re: Speaking of recruiting...

Haven't heard this episode yet, but agree the Podcast overall is a must listen for any GS fan.

3. Default Re: Speaking of recruiting...

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I don't know how many people listen to the Inside Eagle Nation podcast with Danny Reed and Colin Lacy each week, but I typically do. This week they Colin did a long sit-down (Beyond the Bio segment) with Matt "Bussie" Brennan, who is the director of player personnel for football. Basically he's our recruiting funnel and our initial talent evaluator. He starts with a database of 5000 or so players, whittles it down to the number we will recruit (300-400), and then gets that group down to our ultimate signing class of 20-25. He was brought in during Summers' tenure and was a holdover with Lunsford. Interesting info, I would recommend everyone giving it a listen.
    I heard that.

I was a bit confused by something he said, though.... He mentioned TS and staff showing interest in him. From what I gathered, he came and took a look and someone offered him a position with a “we won’t pay you.”

I assume he is paid now, but there seemed to be a gap in the timeline between unpaid and where he is now.

IDK how all this works, but why would someone leave a paid position anywhere for an unpaid one?

He seems like a good guy. Maybe I misinterpreted that part, but it seemed odd.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I heard that.

I was a bit confused by something he said, though.... He mentioned TS and staff showing interest in him. From what I gathered, he came and took a look and someone offered him a position with a “we won’t pay you.”

I assume he is paid now, but there seemed to be a gap in the timeline between unpaid and where he is now.

IDK how all this works, but why would someone leave a paid position anywhere for an unpaid one?

He seems like a good guy. Maybe I misinterpreted that part, but it seemed odd.
    That's part of college coaching. Sometimes you have to prove yourself before you can really earn anything financially. He is compensated now, but initially he was brought on as an analyst, which meant peanuts and maybe some GS swag. A lot of guys get their foot in the door that way, via grad assistant positions or some other non-coaching role.

5. Default Re: Speaking of recruiting...

That's part of college coaching. Sometimes you have to prove yourself before you can really earn anything financially. He is compensated now, but initially he was brought on as an analyst, which meant peanuts and maybe some GS swag. A lot of guys get their foot in the door that way, via grad assistant positions or some other non-coaching role.
    Wow.

That inhales vigorously.

I get it now.

I especially liked the 10:40 mark on the episode that dropped into my feed.

Soooo anybody got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleNationRising View Post
    Soooo anybody got a link?
    Don’t know how well this will work -

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000452732572

I use the podcast app on my iPhone and I can listen through it.