South Alabama @ Troy: 8:00 PM ESPN2

THURSDAY:

Louisiana @ Arkansas State: 7:30 PM ESPNU

SATURDAY:

ULM @ App State: 3:30 PM ESPN+

Army @ Georgia State: 7:00 PM ESPN+

Default Re: Sun Belt Week 8 Thread

Rooting Interests

South Alabama @ Troy: Pretty much goes without saying that we should always want a West team to beat an East team. So...go Jags.

Louisiana @ Arkansas State: Unless we can win the East, this game doesn't have a ton on the line for Southern. Now if that did happen, it would likely benefit us to have ULL lose a couple of conference games since it would give us a greater chance of hosting. But again, don't think any of that happens so this is just one to enjoy.

ULM @ App State: No need to explain this one.

Army @ Georgia State: I know we should cheer for our conference against OOC opponents, but you won't find me pulling for the Panthers ever. Especially considering a win here puts them 1 away from bowl eligibility.

3. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 8 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Rooting Interests

South Alabama @ Troy: Pretty much goes without saying that we should always want a West team to beat an East team. So...go Jags.

Louisiana @ Arkansas State: Unless we can win the East, this game doesn't have a ton on the line for Southern. Now if that did happen, it would likely benefit us to have ULL lose a couple of conference games since it would give us a greater chance of hosting. But again, don't think any of that happens so this is just one to enjoy.

ULM @ App State: No need to explain this one.

Army @ Georgia State: I know we should cheer for our conference against OOC opponents, but you won't find me pulling for the Panthers ever. Especially considering a win here puts them 1 away from bowl eligibility.
    How can anyone pull for Georgia State? They're Georgia's version of UNC-Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by AppFan82 View Post
    How can anyone pull for Georgia State? They're Georgia's version of UNC-Charlotte.
    Haven't you heard? They're the next big thing and will rise to the AAC based on location alone, and eventually pass Georgia Tech!

I doubt you hear and see as much as we do regarding State, but their fan(s) live in a world stuck between delusion and and a false sense of arrogance.

5. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 8 Thread

Army @ Georgia State: I know we should cheer for our conference against OOC opponents, but you won't find me pulling for the Panthers ever. Especially considering a win here puts them 1 away from bowl eligibility.[/QUOTE]

Never forget that Gag voted against us even being in this conference. They represent pretty much everything wrong with. College football and the NCAA. They are a total scam program.

I wouldn’t cheer for Gag if they bought me a brand new house and sent free strippers to my housewarming.

6. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 8 Thread

Haven't you heard? They're the next big thing and will rise to the AAC based on location alone, and eventually pass Georgia Tech!

I doubt you hear and see as much as we do regarding State, but their fan(s) live in a world stuck between delusion and and a false sense of arrogance.
    The only thing I know about Gag is their dumpster doesn’t have a lid.

7. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 8 Thread

That's just like Charlotte! They bought their way into C-USA and now think they're headed for AAC or ACC soon. You know the line - metro media market, mass transit, blah, blah, blah.

Quote Originally Posted by AppFan82 View Post
    That's just like Charlotte! They bought their way into C-USA and now think they're headed for AAC or ACC soon. You know the line - metro media market, mass transit, blah, blah, blah.
    Wow, I never realized they were so similar. Same exact story, just swap CUSA for Sun Belt.

One of my favorite Ga State comments was when their old head coach said on their first bowl berth, "It took them (referring to Southern) 34 years to make their first bowl, it only took us 5." Don't think I've heard a more apples to oranges statement in my entire life.

Since the coaches show thread kind of derailed, I'll post the link to this week's show here: https://www.facebook.com/GSAthletics...0355453352536/

You can also listen on gseagles.com/watch if you'd prefer.

South Alabama puts a nice drive together but only gets a FG. 3-3.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.