TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Places to watch the game in ATL?

Default Places to watch the game in ATL?

I will be in Atlanta Saturday so I am gonna miss the game.. Any Atlanta Eagles know of anywhere showing the game around the CNN center area?

Default Re: Places to watch the game in ATL?

I know the Smoke Ring was a Southern bar a few years ago, not sure if it still is anymore

Quote Originally Posted by OliveBranchEagle View Post
    I will be in Atlanta Saturday so I am gonna miss the game.. Any Atlanta Eagles know of anywhere showing the game around the CNN center area?
    Try this

http://www.alumni.georgiasouthern.ed...7833&post_id=0

I would recommend calling and double-checking though. When they are on ESPN3 or + some places aren't able to show them even though some have been included on that list before

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I know the Smoke Ring was a Southern bar a few years ago, not sure if it still is anymore
    The owners are alum's so if they can access it they'll be showing the game. Not srue if they have ESPN+ ability. FYI Red Door is on the list, fair warning it is a very young crowd the times I have been. Like just graduated.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    The owners are alum's so if they can access it they'll be showing the game. Not srue if they have ESPN+ ability. FYI Red Door is on the list, fair warning it is a very young crowd the times I have been. Like just graduated.
    That's funny because the one time I went it seemed like I was the youngest one in there..

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    That's funny because the one time I went it seemed like I was the youngest one in there..
    Its not at the CNN Center, but if you can take an Uber, Mojave Restaurant on Powers Ferry Rd probably will be showing it. Miguel played at Southern and owns the place. I know when Rose and Crown was open, I would go there and always see other GS alums watching the game.

However, Stats (nex to CF HoF) or Dantana's (b/t State Farm Arena and CNN Ctr) might be showing it.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernEagle2002 View Post
    Its not at the CNN Center, but if you can take an Uber, Mojave Restaurant on Powers Ferry Rd probably will be showing it. Miguel played at Southern and owns the place. I know when Rose and Crown was open, I would go there and always see other GS alums watching the game.

However, Stats (nex to CF HoF) or Dantana's (b/t State Farm Arena and CNN Ctr) might be showing it.
    All great suggestions. Again, I'd recommend calling to confirm though since it's online and not an actual channel. Would hate for someone to make plans and show up disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Should have been more clear. First sentence was about Smoke Ring. Second sentence was about Red Door.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Should have been more clear. First sentence was about Smoke Ring. Second sentence was about Red Door.
    I was talking about red door too...

Taco Mac Roswell is the best, on Holcomb Bridge Road. We watched the Minnesota game there with a pretty substantial GSU group... they went above and beyond. When I thought we were going to get yelled at/told to leave because people were literally running across the place on touchdowns.... the manager came over and said "hope you're having a good time, y'all are a lot of fun, please come back and if there is anything I can do for you my name is _____". Awesome.