TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213 LastLast

Thread: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

1. Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Did anyone listen today? Was it better?
    Yes, I thought so, more content and much less commercials. I agree with the guy that said there could be a bit more “analysis,” and the criticism about the starters staying in question, but overall I enjoyed it.

Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Nothing wrong with post game other than the broadcast migrating stations for some reason. I think some are just never going to like anyone other than Nate.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

3. Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    This. Almost no one under 50 listens to the radio. It surprises me that outlets put so much money into it.
    I am well under 50 and listen often, I spend a lot of time commuting and it’s convenient.

Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Far fewer commercials this post-game, which is a vast improvement over the previous games I've listened to. No Pat Benatar this week at 7pm sharp, think it was some Foreigner instead.

Might as well just plan on being wrapped up by 7pm because once the music comes on 95.5 you can't hear the crew, and it seems doubtful the radio station will manage it after it has happened at least 2 weeks in a row.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Nothing wrong with post game other than the broadcast migrating stations for some reason. I think some are just never going to like anyone other than Nate.
    Maybe GS Darlin can place a link to this week’s show as well as last week’s. Let folks on the board rate it. It is a high school presentation. Not one question directed at coach about today’s game. No questions about next week at App.

For goodness sakes, those guys can look at a stat sheet. We weren’t penalized today. We finally cracked 400 rushing. WK had a breakout game and King is coming on. What about Byrd’s tipped int for a TD. What is happening with special teams. Sure foot bass missed another one. Set a record for GS with 11 TFL. You would think we could get some defensive stats. I know CJ had a good game.

C’mon men, get in the game.

So many questions and these guys sound like they should be at the Ogeechee Fair instead of doing a postgame show on Leerfield at the FBS level.
    Last edited by birdseye; 26th October 2019 at 10:15 PM.

No long runs of commercials like last week. We have an hour and a half commute and listen to the postgame shows after each home game. Like to listen to the play by play calls of scores and get the basic stats of the individuals and team.

I could understand the tone of the show with what the team had to deal with this week. App game is only 5 days away so I don't think we'll be seeing many changes for that game. I've never listened to a post game show where the announcer wasn't a homer - that's their job.

Canned answers to any pressing questions: (any teams post game show)

1 It's own me I didn't have them ready.
    2 I don't know we'll have to sit down and look at the film to see what happened.
    3 They have a great team and we'll have to be ready and play our best.
    4 I think there was possibly some miscommunication on the play, we'll have to get together and see.
    5 We just didn't execute, we need to improve.
    6 We've had some injuries.
    7 We thought that play would work at that time, but we just didn't execute it.

Post game guys are like lawyers you better know the answers before you ask the questions, if you want to keep your job.
    Last edited by WEAGLE; 27th October 2019 at 04:08 AM.
    "If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”
    Tom Krause
    "If the plan doesn't work, then change the plan, NOT the GOAL!" Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Maybe GS Darlin can place a link to this week’s show as well as last week’s. Let folks on the board rate it. It is a high school presentation. Not one question directed at coach about today’s game. No questions about next week at App.

For goodness sakes, those guys can look at a stat sheet. We weren’t penalized today. We finally cracked 400 rushing. WK had a breakout game and King is coming on. What about Byrd’s tipped int for a TD. What is happening with special teams. Sure foot bass missed another one. Set a record for GS with 11 TFL. You would think we could get some defensive stats. I know CJ had a good game.

C’mon men, get in the game.

So many questions and these guys sound like they should be at the Ogeechee Fair instead of doing a postgame show on Leerfield at the FBS level.

So let me get this straight, you send me a rude message, but then expect me to do the leg work for you? If you want to prove a point, why don't you provide the links?

And if you're going to call for someone to be fired, maybe you should be able to identify which one it is you're complaining about. They sound nothing alike, so if you listen as intently as you suggest you do, then you should know.

Also, I'd be curious to know when exactly it was you contacted someone (on the network, in athletics, or at the stations (who have zero control over the content of the show))with your complaints.

By the way, they did go over stats. They also played highlights from our big plays.
    I heard all of this even after waiting through the alma mater, going to the restroom, walking back to my car, and changing into dry clothes for my drive home, so not sure how you missed it.

the show flowed more smoothly this week because they didn't experience the same technical difficulties that Frank referenced last week.

I’ll pm you who I contacted and when unless you want me to mention the names on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    The postgame show for true football fans was, once again, sub par. No real game analysis and no insight with questions of players and coach. Don’t know why we can’t cover post game presser. A little effort I suppose but I will say the postgame crew at least was on without dead silence or commercials like last week. Any substance or real content - absolutely not. A lot of high school postgame shows feature guys who know more about football than our guys. Sorry, but just telling it like it is.
    Here's a novel idea....why don't you call in or text in and ASK THEM???
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

You know I actually did think about calling to ask about individual defensive stats but I didn’t have the number - although I did hear them announce the call-in number a few minutes earlier on the show. Traveling home by myself and couldn’t note the number!