TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Wiggins death

Default Re: Jordan Wiggins death

2. Default Re: Jordan Wiggins death

So sad not sure what to say. Prayers to anyone who knew this man and his family.

Just so sad. Life is so precious. Praying that family and close friends find peace.

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Based on what had been put out on social media earlier, I was afraid that suicide would be the cause. Such terrible news and extremely tragic. Having had a friend commit suicide when I was in college, it's amazing to hear of people with such apparently bright futures that feel they have no other option. It's devastating to everyone who knows them and almost 27 years later I still remember every detail of that day and the following weeks and months. You never truly know what is going on in a person's mind and the demons that they are dealing with. All we can do is let them know that we love them, that we are there for them, and that they can count on us when they are at their lowest points. Depression is such a terrible thing to have to deal with and I pray for anyone that has or is having trouble living with it.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

A question no one should ever be afraid to ask, "are you thinking about committing suicide?" If you know some one your concerned about, ASK.

Obviously this is awful for JW's family but I feel really terrible for our coaching staff and players. Regardless of anything else, what they have endured since early August has been a tough road for anyone to go through with Shai's situation, Quan Griffin's situation, and now this. That's a lot for an 18-22 year old to go through, and I can't imagine the grief the coaches and staff are feeling over this.

"Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    This all reminds me of a guy I knew who went to GT.

He was super-smart. Very talented at engineering. Was in aero. Wanted to work for NASA.... Seemed to have the world on a string. Was living his dream. (I knew his roommate well, and she said there were no warning signs. The guy appeared normal and happy to all of us.) And he went this way.

It’s just impossible to understand. Best anyone can do is hope his family and friends find peace and comfort in their memories of the good times.

Prayers for all. This will be a heavy load for his family and friends to bear.
    Same with a friend that went to UGA. Was very popular in high school, very outgoing, made straight A's, was always the life of the party, etc. Then one day I got that call. Just didn't make any sense, and still doesn't. He was 20 years old with the entire world at his feet. Just one of those things that's impossible to understand unless you are in their head feeling what they feel.

Terrible tragedy for all associated with the young man. Mental Health and Substance use disorders are the number one killers by far - it's not even close and they're the most misunderstood illnesses. This stuff doesn't get fixed by a pill. Lots of work and good therapy is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    This all reminds me of a guy I knew who went to GT.

He was super-smart. Very talented at engineering. Was in aero. Wanted to work for NASA.... Seemed to have the world on a string. Was living his dream. (I knew his roommate well, and she said there were no warning signs. The guy appeared normal and happy to all of us.) And he went this way.

It’s just impossible to understand. Best anyone can do is hope his family and friends find peace and comfort in their memories of the good times.

Prayers for all. This will be a heavy load for his family and friends to bear.
    Very similar to my experience with my friend as well. I was his roommate and we were close. He was an RA and most of our friends were RA's and RD's. They were all trained to look for signs and what to pay attention to. He was always smiling, was always in a good mood, was always there to do anything that anyone needed, was selfless and everyone that knew him loved him. I can honestly say there were no outward signs of anything being wrong. But just as our friends were trained to spot things, he was also trained and apparently knew what to hide. He went missing when we were all off for winter break and when we learned where he was found, a few of us knew before we ever got the final report that it was self-inflicted. He always talked about wanting to fishing in a particular place. He drove to his dream spot, went fishing one last time and that was it.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive