TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    You really expect bowl committees visit stadiums and verify crowds?

Thats special.

How about all the broadcast producers? Notice our broadcasts have become harder and harder to find?

How about radio? We now have zero radio affiliates in the Atlanta area. How many do you think Gag has??

(I absolutely guarantee these numbers matter. When a broadcast station makes a decision to become an affiliate, they will look at the official attendance numbers)

What the hell do people think these numbers are for?
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    They do all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Haha yep that’s legit what they do.
    To add onto this, OF COURSE they visit.

The one thing about bowl committees is they loved their ***** being kissed. You think they're waiting for the bowl game for that to happen? No they're going to all the potential bowl teams and letting everyone kiss the rings.

It's part of the game.

Thats special.
    I picked a great day to pause my gsufans vacation.

How about all the broadcast producers? Notice our broadcasts have become harder and harder to find?

How about radio? We now have zero radio affiliates in the Atlanta area. How many do you think Gag has??
    I actually agree with this. Signature wins gets you that notoriety, but its the little things that keep that notoriety present and make a program stand out. And right now, we canít even do those right. The more I watch and read, the more I believe weíve actually regressed as a program since reclassifying.

The good thing is we are starting to build our bowl resume and the committees and city around the southeast know we travel well. I feel the way we traveled to mobile and Montgomery in our 2 bowls speaks volumes vs attendance against new Mexico st in week 7 in a monsoon. If we report 1,000 or 20,000 I dont think it effects anything. We are a g5 going to 1 of only a few bowls whose cities know our fans travel well.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Having been in more than one bowl selection rooms, here is what they are looking at. They want the chance at a good game. But mostly they want butts in the stands so the game doesn't look awful on TV and the local hotels and resturants make some money. We travel well, that is known around the country and it is not home numbers they look at, it is how many tickets did you sell when they went to Auburn, LSU or Ole Miss. Most of those groups have a few people who do like to go to games and see the program, but they also look at other things like weather, and opponent and the like on the numbers. There are no secrets about attendance numbers, bowls know the schools that fudge the numbers and those that don't, but they care much more about how many travel not how many you have at home.

6. Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I picked a great day to pause my gsufans vacation.
    Ugh, not a great game for them to attend, Iíd really like to go to that bowl this year. Iím sure they understand the weather was the factor and wonít hold that against us.

If you're talking about the horse, it's not playing dead. It IS dead so you can stop beating it.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Ugh, not a great game for them to attend, I’d really like to go to that bowl this year. I’m sure they understand the weather was the factor and won’t hold that against us.
    That's a tweet from last year at the App game.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Itís obvious our attendance reporting is different than most any other member of the conference. I agree with Country - it hurts come bowl time but it hurts even more in metro ATL where most of our students call home. Casual fans look at GA Stateís inflated attendance and, compares it with us. They had 20k plus last night and we had 10k. Iím sure recruits see that stuff too. Either all teams in Belt follow a standard reporting guideline or Kleinlein needs to report like the others. At the end of the day - itís egg on his face either way.
    What do mean itís egg on TKís face either way? I am not getting what you are saying.

Thats special.

(I absolutely guarantee these numbers matter. When a broadcast station makes a decision to become an affiliate, they will look at the official attendance numbers)

What the hell do people think these numbers are for?
    A few years ago, I greeted the godaddy guys on the way to my seats.

Iíve noticed itís been harder to watch our games on public broadcasting.... GPTV mustíve got a hold of our attendance numbers.

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11