TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Boy....we sure do look like rubes!
    Not to worry, that Savannah Market will be rolling in pretty soon(smile). Like ive said for years, we are a very small fan base BUT LOUD.(even on message boards/smile).

I still fail to see why y’all think this matters beyond message board fodder.

As long as the “butts in seats” data is readily available (as it obviously is), that’s the only number that’s going to matter to anyone that matters-conferences, bowls, sponsors, etc.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I still fail to see why y’all think this matters beyond message board fodder.

As long as the “butts in seats” data is readily available (as it obviously is), that’s the only number that’s going to matter to anyone that matters-conferences, bowls, sponsors, etc.
    It isn't available. The WSJ did open records request at every FBS school subject to it to get the data.

It may or may not hurt us to have a reported attendance closer to in-person attendance, but I don't see any downside to inflating it in whatever way the vast majority of G5 teams do it.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

4. Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Does the second statement preclude the first statement?
    It is assuming (just like you did) that the conferences are the same. Ignore reality if you wish, but the conference landscape will one day shift again and attendance averages will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    It isn't available. The WSJ did open records request at every FBS school subject to it to get the data.

It may or may not hurt us to have a reported attendance closer to in-person attendance, but I don't see any downside to inflating it in whatever way the vast majority of G5 teams do it.
    So it’s available. WSJ has done similar in the past, and it’s not that much work for anyone looking to compare a couple or a handful of programs.

I can think of one potential downside. Whereas ours are currently among a select few numbers that can be taken pretty much at face value, we’d be positioning ourselves among those whose numbers must be taken with a grain of salt.

Question’s still open: How much specifically do you propose we report, and on what specific basis, if any, should it be arrived at?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

6. Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    That practice is also used by numerous schools who aren't in any danger of missing the 15,000 threshold.

https://graphics.wsj.com/table/Ncaaattendance_082718
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Where are you finding the actual attendance numbers vs announced attendance?
    Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    It is assuming (just like you did) that the conferences are the same. Ignore reality if you wish, but the conference landscape will one day shift again and attendance averages will be measured.
    So in your future, similar to JCountry and his bowl committees, sponsors, and recruits, the conference alignment is going to happen without anyone from said conferences actually visiting the schools they are talking about bringing into their conference?

If a bunch of message board nobodies like us know that the reported attendance figures aren't worth the paper they're printed on, don't you think that those who are paid to know such things would already know that they are BS as well?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    So it’s available. WSJ has done similar in the past, and it’s not that much work for anyone looking to compare a couple or a handful of programs.

I can think of one potential downside. Whereas ours are currently among a select few numbers that can be taken pretty much at face value, we’d be positioning ourselves among those whose numbers must be taken with a grain of salt.

Question’s still open: How much specifically do you propose we report, and on what specific basis, if any, should it be arrived at?
    No one is going to answer you. they are going to continue to say we should cheat like everyone else....
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

So if I understand the information as presented so far in this thread, Appy has recognized that any student who pays the athletic fee is potentially going to attend the games and thereby qualifies as a seat sold, much like all ticket sales are currently counted in the announced number for the same reason.

As much as I hate the thought that Crapp State might be on to something that has a certain amount of basic reasoning involved, this does have a certain consistency to it that might be worth considering as a first step. It might also render any additional steps as pointless. Their numbers are worth looking at again.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    No one is going to answer you. they are going to continue to say we should cheat like everyone else....
    Ah, but should we aspire to cheat like the worst (best?) of them? Or just a little? That’s why I think it’s a given that the first step must be to establish your ‘goal’ number. Then you can reverse-engineer how much cheating is necessary.