TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 156

Thread: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

  1. #91

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    The hot team still has scholarship restrictions.
    As usual you're the only guy who gets it.

  2. #92

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    So you think the best players from Coastal are going to jump ship and transfer to App? Is that what you're angling for?
    Right...the logic behind the transfer restrictions holds no water when teams are still bound to only have 85 scholarships and awarding 25 a year.

    There is simply no way to "stack" your roster.

    It's not practical or possible.

  3. #93

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Still....

    I don’t like the idea.

    Hot Team would just get stacked with #2s from P5s, and would set up an unfair continuity.
    This would never happen.

    In no world does that makes any sense.

  4. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    This would never happen.

    In no world does that makes any sense.
    So....

    We haven't had P5 transfers?

    How about App?

    How many P5 transfers went to the bottom SB teams?

    How would it be illogical to believe that a whole bunch of P5 second stringers would transfer to G5 schools where they would be instant 1st stringers?

    I worked with a guy who's kid was a back up QB for a major P5. He warmed the bench his entire career because he was getting a paid-for education and such.... But he had talent, and likely would have been a starter for any G5 he wished.

    Why would someone like that stick it out as the #2 if no restrictions existed?

  5. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    So....

    We haven't had P5 transfers?

    How about App?

    How many P5 transfers went to the bottom SB teams?

    How would it be illogical to believe that a whole bunch of P5 second stringers would transfer to G5 schools where they would be instant 1st stringers?

    I worked with a guy who's kid was a back up QB for a major P5. He warmed the bench his entire career because he was getting a paid-for education and such.... But he had talent, and likely would have been a starter for any G5 he wished.

    Why would someone like that stick it out as the #2 if no restrictions existed?
    CCU had transfers from Clemson & VT last year, TXST had one from Texas and ULM had one from Kansas State this year, etc.

    What does having a few P5 transfers have to do with an unrealistic notion that nearly an entire starting lineup will be P5 transfers for a “hot” G5? It won’t happen.

  6. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    CCU had transfers from Clemson & VT last year, TXST had one from Texas and ULM had one from Kansas State this year, etc.

    What does having a few P5 transfers have to do with an unrealistic notion that nearly an entire starting lineup will be P5 transfers for a “hot” G5? It won’t happen.
    No.

    Wouldn't be likely that we would snag more than a couple here and there.

    I could sure see a place like App snagging more than a couple.

    (They are definitely the “hot” G5 of the moment -idiotic video notwithstanding- .)

    I would like to avoid a situation like we see in P5 schools. There are about 7 which will ever (and I mean ever) contend for a NC, and everyone knows it. That’s where all the top-tier HS recruits go.

    I like the idea of the G5 being better distributed. I think abolition of any transfer penalties would have the effect of bifurcation the G5 in a similar fashion.

  7. #97

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    No.

    Wouldn't be likely that we would snag more than a couple here and there.

    I could sure see a place like App snagging more than a couple.

    (They are definitely the “hot” G5 of the moment -idiotic video notwithstanding- .)

    I would like to avoid a situation like we see in P5 schools. There are about 7 which will ever (and I mean ever) contend for a NC, and everyone knows it. That’s where all the top-tier HS recruits go.

    I like the idea of the G5 being better distributed. I think abolition of any transfer penalties would have the effect of bifurcation the G5 in a similar fashion.
    It would also cause star group of five players to transfer to P5 school once they show they can play on that level. As soon as a player at a Group of 5 school shows he’s good enough to start for a P5 he’s going to transfer. I can promise you the amount of guys group of 5 schools send to the NFL would almost completely go away.

  8. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    It would also cause star group of five players to transfer to P5 school once they show they can play on that level. As soon as a player at a Group of 5 school shows he’s good enough to start for a P5 he’s going to transfer. I can promise you the amount of guys group of 5 schools send to the NFL would almost completely go away.
    Thats a possibility as well.

    Either way, it’s a stupid idea.

    (I haven’t doubts about the effect you say it would have. The QB I am thinking of would definitely have been better than Zac Thomas. But he warned the bench at Major P5. There are some very good guys at second string at most of those places.)

  9. #99

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    That’s why the portal is so risky. You give up your spot on a team that can easily fill it without guaranteeing that theirs another spot for you out there.
    We have at least 1 who left who is dealing with this now...

  10. #100

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

    We do have a P5 transfer RB, Mr King I believe.

Similar Threads

  1. Andrew Cunningham Leaving
    By eaglechamp in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 17th June 2019, 03:13 PM
  2. More Transfer Portal fun.....
    By KJ Eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 15th May 2019, 10:15 PM
  3. Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal
    By GATA2020 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 15th May 2019, 06:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •