TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 141516

Thread: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

Default Re: Andrew Cunningham and Jared Daniels enter transfer portal 11/3/19

Kinda funny that the subject of poaching comes up and and jcountry's first thought is "how could UGA screw us over"?

I would be much more worried about the Georgia Tech's, South Carolinas, Vanderbilts UNC's taking our players than the UGAs.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Kinda funny that the subject of poaching comes up and and jcountry's first thought is "how could UGA screw us over"?

I would be much more worried about the Georgia Tech's, South Carolinas, Vanderbilts UNC's taking our players than the UGAs.
    or SB teams or NDSU(smile)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Do you consider any of the three you just mentioned "Generational talent" on the same level as AP or Ham? I would say no. They were all very good, but not at the same level, IMO.
    I agree. IMO, things will generally even out, but we’ll never have another Tracy Ham play out his eligibility here.

I suppose that’s fine in 2020. We don’t NEED another Tracy Ham to build the program. If there had been “free agency” in 1985, though, I doubt he’d have been around for 1986. And I honestly wouldn’t have blamed him. He could have chosen a program that would have helped his NFL chances.

I don’t know about AP. It would have been very difficult for him to leave with all of those record-breaking streaks intact.
    Last edited by pete4256; 21st February 2020 at 09:49 AM.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

Exactly. I mean I get the Bass to UGA reference and he’s a little bit different story but for the most part the pattern will be FCS to G5. G5 to other G5 or lower/middle P5. Middle/upper P5 to best teams in the country.

This is also why it’s going to become more important than ever for G5’s to have a successful sustainable program. Because then the question becomes do you want to leave a top level G5 for a 5 win P5? It will still happen but my guess is not very often. It’s going to be the 1 really good player on a 4 win G5 that’s jumping ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mose Bass View Post
    Let me ask this...what if GS did this to an FCS school, say, Mercer? Using your Blankenship theory, what if Mercer has a player that is tearing it up his 1st 2 years? He is racking up the awards on the Defensive Line, a la, Brent Russell. On the Buchanan watch list and pre-season Defensive Player of The Year. In spring we have some injuries on the DL and a coach just happens to be in Macon and gets the kid to transfer to Statesboro. Wouldn't this be more devastating to Mercer with 23 less scholarships than Georgia Southern? Would it not be a dastardly deed same as Kirby Smart snagging Tyler Bass? What if we did it to another G5 program as we were aiming for a conference title? It can go both ways.

And again FCS is what will take the biggest hit with this. And you bring up another reason why....scholarships. Mercer doesn’t have 23 less scholarship players than us. Both of us have around 85 scholarship players most likely. But that kid at Mercer is probably not on a full ride. So he’s going to jump at the opportunity to move up to “D1” and get a full ride. Kids are literally going to be signing FCS scholarships with the intention of moving on in 2 years.
    Last edited by half-n-half; 21st February 2020 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    And again FCS is what will take the biggest hit with this. And you bring up another reason why....scholarships. Mercer doesn’t have 23 less scholarship players than us. Both of us have around 85 scholarship players most likely. But that kid at Mercer is probably not on a full ride. So he’s going to jump at the opportunity to move up to “D1” and get a full ride. Kids are literally going to be signing FCS scholarships with the intention of moving on in 2 years.
    So basically Juco.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker