TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fake injuries

Default Fake injuries

Rewatched the entire game. And only one thing really bugged me. When both players fell at the same time while looking at the sidelines. I really hope we never do that crap again. Makes us look really bush league especially on National TV. Don't care if every other team does it. We shouldn't be. That's all. Now let's go get that conference championship. GATA.

Default Re: Fake injuries

Do right.

3. Default Re: Fake injuries

Oh boy.....

Here we go.....

How do you know any of those injuries were fake?

Both players went out with cramps earlier in the game.....

Plus, what are refs supposed to do? Tell those guys they aren't in pain, and just just inhale vigorously It Up, Buttercup?

(No one will ever accept that kind of liability. And they shouldn't.)

4. Default Re: Fake injuries

But suppose they were fake......

Have you noticed that many other teams seem to have injuries happen at advantageous times?

Stupid thread is stupid.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

I think players should have to sit out, say 3 plays if an injury timeout is needed. It should take at least 3 plays for medical staff to ok them after more extensive examination on the sidelines anyway.

I have no doubt this crap would stop. Just like a few years ago when the helmets frequently popped off for free TV time / close ups of the poor player who lost the helmet. Now you have to sit out a play??? Oh crap, better fasten that helmet strap!

7. Default Re: Fake injuries

Quote Originally Posted by LavenderEagle View Post
    I think players should have to sit out, say 3 plays if an injury timeout is needed. It should take at least 3 plays for medical staff to ok them after more extensive examination on the sidelines anyway.

I have no doubt this crap would stop. Just like a few years ago when the helmets frequently popped off for free TV time / close ups of the poor player who lost the helmet. Now you have to sit out a play??? Oh crap, better fasten that helmet strap!
    That's probably a good idea.....

I'd say that would be fair.

You are aware other ppl are entitled to their own opinions... I do know they both went down earlier.. I also know 5 seconds after one of the guys went down he was back up in a app state players face. If the injuries were legit then it looked really bad.. but again that's just my opinion. I respect your side of it but my only point was if it was faked we shouldn't be coaching that way.

I haven't gone back and looked at it, but with the issues of getting the defensive call in this year, is it possible they did it because the play wasn't in?

Fake injuries arnt against the rules, now I would call it gamesmanship(which isn't cool) but we didn't brake any rules and it might have helped us win the game. Maybe it was part of DeBesse's playbook(smile)