TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: DeBeese and Werts

Default Re: DeBeese and Werts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    The only real difference in play calling I saw was the fact that we went for the throat right before half, which was good to see. The rest of the game was a combo of us executing a little better and taking advantage of ULM's mistakes. In the 2nd half, we scored 4 TD's: an INT return, onside kick return, a 5 yard drive after fumbled punt, and one good drive where we scored after a 4th down horse collar.
    Thank goodness for the defensive and special teams performance in this game. Could've been a different outcome very easily, Walt3412.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Debesse and Werts only have good days when the offensive line does well. I wonder why that is?
    A good O line is "the backbone" of any good football team. You don't have good O line execution and you don't win many football games. Mighty hard to even stand up if you don't have a good "backbone". But, I digress again.

Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    And then that begs the question are they being coached to do something that's possible and repeatable, garns 4? You can tell a kid to "jump over that building", but no matter how hard he tries it ain't gonna happen. Gotta have a scheme that your players can execute. Effort is 1 thing, getting it done is another. That's part of coaching too, knowing what'll work with the pieces you have. You know, "square peg, round hole" kinda thing.

I want to see us do what works for Georgia Southern. I don't care what works somewhere else with somebody else's players. Sure hope the coaching staff's able to find out what works best for Georgia Southern on O pretty quickly because the season's almost gone.
    one game this year that scheme worked for over 400 yards rushing, I'd say the scheme is a-ok, consistent execution is needed, "your blocking ghosts"(greatest line I've ever heard from a GS coach). The more I play it over in my head, the more I smile.

Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    A good O line is "the backbone" of any good football team. You don't have good O line execution and you don't win many football games. Mighty hard to even stand up if you don't have a good "backbone". But, I digress again.
    +1000, you win by controlling the line of scrimmage both offensively and defensively. It's not rocket science, it's a game.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1000, you win by controlling the line of scrimmage both offensively and defensively. It's not rocket science, it's a game.
    And if you can't move the chains and score touchdowns with that O line execution it's gonna be hard to win games. No running room, no protection, no offensive production. Unless the defense and special teams are gonna score your touchdowns (as we saw against ULM) it's gonna be tough to outscore teams you're playing if you don't have running room and protection. 3 and outs lose football games as we know, garns 4.

6. Default Re: DeBeese and Werts

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    from listen To the O-Line coach yesterday, trust me, it's lack of execution big time. Coach was dropping "F- bombs" all over the place and loud. He had a great line, "your blocking F'in ghosts!".. Your to get off and get to that middle LB'er dam it....blocking ghosts". It was classic. I said on another thread I think CL did some serious chewing out of his coaches this week. I had never seen/heard our O-line coach go off this season like he did yesterday. And to be honest, I liked it. Glad none of the kids asked if they could be excused to go to there safe place.
    Not sure how a filthy mouth is helpful in getting anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    My greatest concern is still in how we have so many unblocked defenders at the point of attack. Is it scheme (how it’s drawn up) or is it execution (players not blocking) or some combination of both?
    I think some of that was created by the defense.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    That’s what Monken told SMN. That was a good one!
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    sometimes it gets your attention, I know it got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    That’s what Monken told SMN. That was a good one!
    I also saw Monken yell at Darreion Robinson "JUST ****ING HIT SOMEONE" one time on TV. Sometimes it's really easy to read lips.

He blew up the next guy he came across, so I guess it was effective.