TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: DeBeese and Werts

Default Re: DeBeese and Werts

Monken was his own bad cop. I remember at the walk through at ODU the day before the playoff game he cussed Brent Russell worse than anything I've ever heard, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Monken was his own bad cop. I remember at the walk through at ODU the day before the playoff game he cussed Brent Russell worse than anything I've ever heard, lol.
    I also remember Jay Battle messing up something during the Spring Game one year and trying to hide from Monken and he chased him down and drug him around while chewing his ***.

I knew a few guys that played football at Navy under PJ and Monken. They all said that staff could chew on you worse than any other, and one guy told me Monken was the only coach he's ever wanted to hit. But they all said that while it was rough playing for them, once they graduated, that staff was the nicest guys in the world.
    Drew Geer
    Georgia Southern University 1991-1995
    BA History

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    I remember being able to hear him over the NDSU crowd cussing Garrett out for two motion penalties...and the crowd noise in that places deafening!

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    from listen To the O-Line coach yesterday, trust me, it's lack of execution big time. Coach was dropping "F- bombs" all over the place and loud. He had a great line, "your blocking F'in ghosts!".. Your to get off and get to that middle LB'er dam it....blocking ghosts". It was classic. I said on another thread I think CL did some serious chewing out of his coaches this week. I had never seen/heard our O-line coach go off this season like he did yesterday. And to be honest, I liked it. Glad none of the kids asked if they could be excused to go to there safe place.
    I was sitting a couple rows behind you and heard the same rant. It was nice to see him putting a little extra into it to get their attention.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Not sure how a filthy mouth is helpful in getting anything done.
    It can be if they are not paying attention to a clean one. Everyone has their own way of doing it. You have to "read the room" and figure out which one you need and when you need it. It's a football team, not a church choir.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    It can be if they are not paying attention to a clean one. Everyone has their own way of doing it. You have to "read the room" and figure out which one you need and when you need it. It's a football team, not a church choir.
    it was the first time in 2 seasons I saw our O-Line coach go off like that, heck, very few times did I ever see him raise his voice. After that Troy game, I think the "gloves came off", and rightly so, we were playing Saturday for a bowl bid, enough of the "nice guy" stuff. "what are ya, blocking ghosts!". CLASSIC!

9. Default Re: DeBeese and Werts

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I just don't subscribe to the theory that a filthy mouth is a great motivator, football team or church choir. When u cuss someone the natural tendency is to bow up. I know coaches do it, but it's more a sign of a limited vocabulary than anything else. I'm sure my viewpoint is in the minority, but it is what I believe.

I'm confused now. Are our coaches preaching too much or cussing too much?