TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Option Offense

Default Re: Option Offense

I was in grad school during Sewaks tenure, and I got to meet Rusty after he was dismissed. He briefly worked in the Kinesiology department where I did my grad assistantship, and he seemed like a super nice guy. Me and all the other students loved talking to him, because like his dad, he could tell a great story and had a good insight for most any occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I was in grad school during Sewaks tenure, and I got to meet Rusty after he was dismissed. He briefly worked in the Kinesiology department where I did my grad assistantship, and he seemed like a super nice guy. Me and all the other students loved talking to him, because like his dad, he could tell a great story and had a good insight for most any occasion.
    He was a very good coach for us. I don't know what happened when he took the DC job at Bethune-Cookman, but he'd clearly had his fill of the coaching profession shortly thereafter.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

3. Default Re: Option Offense

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    The Rusty firing, the Texas State loss, and the APR scores greased the wheels for a prominent booster to come in and offer money to pay BVG's salary so we could buy Sewak out.
    I wish things had gone differently.

I think we should have gone FBS during the PJ era.

No telling where we would be now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    It's called fishing...
    No he was! He wore a members only jacket to the interview
    Go Eagles!!

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    How is that?

Is it because their student athlets have to serve in the service for at least 4 years after graduation and ours dont?

The Academies are at a disadvantage at recruiting and yet they win!

Not because they serve and you know what is different. With us and the three academies one school is not anything like the other three.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    Not because they serve and you know what is different. With us and the three academies one school is not anything like the other three.
    No, but we also have to recruit JUST the minimum requirement on the freshman index or whatever they call it in this case.

The service academies have relaxed admission standards, but they still have to cut the mustard as cadets and midshipmen.

We should be able recruit better talent than they do. Whether we can develop it as efficiently as they do is a different question altogether.

The eyeball test told me that we were a lot faster than the service academies during the PJ and Sewak years. I’m not sure if that’s still true.

We appear to have been beaten head-to-head in recruiting by Army a couple of times recently.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    No, but we also have to recruit JUST the minimum requirement on the freshman index or whatever they call it in this case.

The service academies have relaxed admission standards, but they still have to cut the mustard as cadets and midshipmen.

We should be able recruit better talent than they do. Whether we can develop it as efficiently as they do is a different question altogether.

The eyeball test told me that we were a lot faster than the service academies during the PJ and Sewak years. I’m not sure if that’s still true.

We appear to have been beaten head-to-head in recruiting by Army a couple of times recently.
    Yes
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Got an idea!, lets run off 10 straight seasons with 8-12 wins per year.
    You know you cant do that running the Pistol or Flex option!

Ooops maybe I'm wrong!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

OH MY GOD. THATS CRAZZY TALK! Then again maybe not!!!!!!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Maybe if analyzed on a per possession or even per game basis, but not on a per season basis. The ‘worst’ of the flex seasons feel like a warm binky in hindsight. 1994 being the obvious and explainable anomaly.
    And in 1994 we were in the same boat we are now with a 1 dimensional offensive scheme. We lost to a division 2 football team because our offensive coordinator, Coach Mike Hodges, did not put enough emphasis on how important it was to be able to execute a pass game against teams that brought everybody up to stop the run. Coach Stowers was ultimately responsible for what his OC had been doing and he ended up paying the price later on. We lost games in that era because our pass game wasn't sharp enough to win games against good defensive units.

When Coach Paul Johnson took over in 1997 things changed.