TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 457

Thread: Option Offense

  1. Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Ellison had a LOT better blocking.

    Hell, Ellison got in there and three blocks a lot too.

    Shai is probably a better all-around QB, but good Lord, this sad blocking is killing him.

    I don’t recall seeing Ellison have to eat it out on the edge because two defenders were on him and three on the pitch guy. (That one awesome run Kennedy got away with at App was a great example. He somehow got through it, but there were a total of 7 guys who almost got a hand on him.) We have seen some version of that breakdown sooooo many times. No way should that many guys have been within ten feet of Kennedy.

    I just have the feeling these guys aren’t on the same page about who they are supposed to be blocking. Just so many defenders getting to/around that edge. Looks like a coaching problem to me.

    Y’all watch a clip or two of 2014/2015. Blocking was so coordinated, fast, and devastating. We definitely ain’t seeing nothing like that now. (That’s not just on the O line.)
    People on here can believe what they want but the stats prove it. Those guys that played on the O-line in 14 and 15 were recruited to play in the flex. They were quick and knew how to run block. In 14, all 5 starters saw significant time on the line in the flex with monken. If i remember correctly, we only had two returning starters or players for the 15 and we saw a decline. 2016, would've been the last of the flex offensive linemen and i think Kwon was the only one left and he started. Even got a shot with the NFL.

    No I'm not advocating for the flexbone but i do want linemen that are their size.
    2014 5 flex o-line ranging 270-295lbs 7.12ypc
    2015 3 flex o-line 2 transfers 300.2lbs avg
    6.47ypc
    2016 1 flex o-linemen
    4.44 ypc
    2017 0 flex o-linemen
    4.12ypc
    OL was bigger and slower in 2016 and 2017. 2018 back to the 285 range

  2. #412
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,861

    Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Ah gotcha. The answer is no offense is going to look good with a struggling OL. But we do nothing to help them out with the way we operate on offense strategically or with calling plays to try and stretch the defense out. What offense could we run? I don’t know. What plays? Well WR screens and quick passes don’t require great OL blocking. Plays like Jet Sweep usually don’t either. But we don’t run these plays. And what we do getting the ball out wide just seems like it develops so slow to me. But from reading everything Inhave it sounds like that is by DeBeese design. The outside option plays spend a lot more time going vertical on his offense vs Ruse offense.
    "But we do nothing to help them out with the way we operate on offense strategically or with calling plays to try and stretch the defense out. What offense could we run?'

    Dom't say WE. The fans have nothing go with the O line except Pike & KJ!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  3. Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    lol. Not hearing the ready for play whistle. The hell?
    You know if you watch close enough the whistle is blown after the break signifying ready for play and the game clock is running. I've seen CCL at twice question the official about when the game clock was started.

  4. #414
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,861

    Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    People on here can believe what they want but the stats prove it. Those guys that played on the O-line in 14 and 15 were recruited to play in the flex. They were quick and knew how to run block. In 14, all 5 starters saw significant time on the line in the flex with monken. If i remember correctly, we only had two returning starters or players for the 15 and we saw a decline. 2016, would've been the last of the flex offensive linemen and i think Kwon was the only one left and he started. Even got a shot with the NFL.

    No I'm not advocating for the flexbone but i do want linemen that are their size.
    2014 5 flex o-line ranging 270-295lbs 7.12ypc
    2015 3 flex o-line 2 transfers 300.2lbs avg
    6.47ypc
    2016 1 flex o-linemen
    4.44 ypc
    2017 0 flex o-linemen
    4.12ypc
    OL was bigger and slower in 2016 and 2017. 2018 back to the 285 range
    My God man, say what you are speaking of cant be true!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  5. #415

    Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    For perspective (seconds of possession per play)
    Georgia Southern: 31.2
    Army: 30.3
    Air Force: 29.4
    Army: 29.4

    Basically small difference between us and Navy and Air Force no meaningful difference between us and Army, and that's with Army having basically the same percentage of passing plays and more incomplete passes.
    The longer people keep mentioning us in the same breath as the academies, the longer it will take us to reach Georgia Southern's potential. Our upside is far greater.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  6. Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    The longer people keep mentioning us in the same breath as the academies, the longer it will take us to reach Georgia Southern's potential. Our upside is far greater.
    Agreed.

    But we have a serious momentum problem.

  7. #417

    Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Agreed.

    But we have a serious momentum problem.
    I don't always agree with your posts...….but you are spot on with this assertion.

  8. #418

    Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    The longer people keep mentioning us in the same breath as the academies, the longer it will take us to reach Georgia Southern's potential. Our upside is far greater.
    I don't understand what it is you're saying here. Even though option coaches generally go at a slower pace, there's some particular reason we should be able to move faster while the service academies don't?
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  9. #419

    Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I don't understand what it is you're saying here. Even though option coaches generally go at a slower pace, there's some particular reason we should be able to move faster while the service academies don't?
    Half the comparisons on this board have to do with an academy. We do not have to recruit the same way. We do not have to run our FB program the same way. We do not have to schedule the same way. We need to be looking toward an access bowl type of program rather than an academy type program.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  10. #420

    Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    Half the comparisons on this board have to do with an academy. We do not have to recruit the same way. We do not have to run our FB program the same way. We do not have to schedule the same way. We need to be looking toward an access bowl type of program rather than an academy type program.
    ^^^^

Similar Threads

  1. Triple Option Offense represented
    By gatadotcom in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2nd December 2014, 03:45 PM
  2. Time for a more evolved version of the option offense
    By EAGLEClassOf13 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 213
    Last Post: 18th January 2014, 07:25 PM
  3. Great Read On Option Offense
    By NWGaEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15th September 2011, 08:54 PM
  4. Jamere Valentine on practice and the option offense
    By gsuradio in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 26th March 2010, 06:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •