TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conference Championship

Default Re: Conference Championship

I admire everyone analyzing possible paths to the conference title game.
    That's not even on my mind right now. After yesterday's performance, I'm honestly wondering if we can win any of the remaining three to reach bowl eligibility.
    We have seemed like such a Jeckyll & Hyde team this year. Come within a few seconds of knocking off Minnesota, go to the Rock and whip up on App. And barely squeak by a couple of bad teams before getting taken to the woodshed by Troy.
    We could win out, or we could lose out... and I wouldn't really be shocked either way.
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

This team just needs the extra practices that comes with playing in a bowl game. We need the young offensive lineman and safeties getting every practice rep they can. Anything else is gravy.

Not sure extra practices with this entire staff still whole does anything for us
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

4. Default Re: Conference Championship

Our main issue will be winning more than 1 of our remaining games. All this talk of winning out is cracking me up. I think we will become bowl eligible, but beyond that I think our ceiling is 7 wins on the season.

5. Default Re: Conference Championship

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbest View Post
    Our main issue will be winning more than 1 of our remaining games. All this talk of winning out is cracking me up. I think we will become bowl eligible, but beyond that I think our ceiling is 7 wins on the season.
    Precisely.

If we win a championship this year, I will dine on my hat.

The question was asked what would it take to win the conference, and the answer was given. Nobody has really given an opinion on whether or not we will actually do it.

Which is fine, I think the majority of us predicted 7-5/8-4 given the schedule.

At this point, I just hope we beat Ga St.

9. Default Re: Conference Championship

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleEagle View Post
    At this point, I just hope we beat Ga St.
    Interesting turn of events... just a few years ago State came to Paulson needing a win to become bowl eligible, and now it could be us that needs that win to go bowling. Hopefully, it doesn’t come to that.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Interesting turn of events... just a few years ago State came to Paulson needing a win to become bowl eligible, and now it could be us that needs that win to go bowling. Hopefully, it doesn’t come to that.
    Their QB got hurt saturday, I dont know if the extent is known yet. But I think along with him there were a couple other key players that have been injured and they are likely going to see a downturn due to that. I expect we SHOULD be able to win against them in Paulson this year, if he is out and cannot play.