TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunbelt Improved

Default Sunbelt Improved

I'm sure I'll get shredded for this, but I see a lot of people still throwing out how terrible of a conference the SBC is and I just want to point out that by most metrics our conference is firmly ahead of both the MAC and C-USA at this point. Back to back seasons of no FCS losses, won some P5 games this year, IIRC have done ok in OOC games against other G5's, and have one of the top bowl winning percentages among all conferences the past couple of years.

I like to think the rivalry between us and App and how seriously both of us take football in general have kinda forced some of the other teams that were languishing to step up their game.

I think there is some good football being played in the Belt, and we ought to focus on its continued growth and improvement instead of trashing it at every turn. I know we are just knuckleheads on a message board, but perception is reality, so the more we talk up our conference, the more that good perception will spread and the closer we will get to having multiple teams get ranked in a given year, sponsorship opportunities for our Championship game, and better bowl tie-ins through future rounds of negotiations.

Just my .02

Default Re: Sunbelt Improved

There is excellent football being played in the Sunbelt. I'd suggest we're well ahead of both the MAC and CUSA as far as quality of teams. I'd like to see how we fare against some MW teams...
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

We need to be better than we are for sure, but yeah, the people who say this is the worst conference don't know what the hell they're talking about.

It's almost surely going to be ahead of the MAC and CUSA in the CFP standings, and that will be 3 of the last 4 seasons.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    There is excellent football being played in the Sunbelt. I'd suggest we're well ahead of both the MAC and CUSA as far as quality of teams. I'd like to see how we fare against some MW teams...
    Well we will personally get our first shot next year. Could be exciting if we have a strong off-season to get ready for that.

An argument could be made comparing CUSA and the Sun Belt, but the MAC is without a doubt the worst conference in the FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    An argument could be made comparing CUSA and the Sun Belt, but the MAC is without a doubt the worst conference in the FBS.
    we get our shot at them next year too.

7. Default Re: Sunbelt Improved

We are definitely above MAC and CUSA. There’s no doubt there for overall conference and also our best vs their best.

We are also stronger overall after kicking out Idaho and NMSU. Those were two bottom feeders that were going nowhere fast. We still have South Alabama, Coastal Carolina, and Texas State, but those programs could turn around with the right people in charge. GA State looks like they are legitimizing their program, and it’s starting to show.

8. Default Re: Sunbelt Improved

I don’t know if I would say the SB has improved as much as I would say we dropped dead weight and the MAC and CUSA are making us look better.

Yeah, there are 2-3 good teams playing good ball but there isn't any reason why we shouldn't run the table on the lower end teams. Usually its one of the La teams, then Ga St, Coastal, Tex St, and South Al.

Did bring the mean up with NMSU and Idaho dropping.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Just don't like 6 teams ranked 95-128, somebody find the figures for the MAC and CUSA. If they have 6 teams somewhere between 95-128 Garns will sleep easier tonight.