TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 184

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

  1. #161
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hinesville(Gumbranch), GA
    Posts
    9,061

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Beck got hit by the tumbling blocker, but also hit low which should have been imo roughing. He punted well and the overall punt teams played very well.

  2. #162

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Agreed

  3. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I would have kicked the FG, but I donít hate it in that situation if that was Lunsfordís original plan. What I donít particularity care for is how he appeared to let the kids change his mind.
    The kids didn't change his mind. He literally made that call 10-15 seconds after we didn't score. It was a great call. Make them drive 99 yds to score. After seeing the 4th down play, they still would've had to drive 90+ yds if not for the penalty. Stop thinking like a fan and like a coach.

  4. #164

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Not to mention everyone in the stadium was screaming go for it. To answer a question from gladiator, yes, the 5000 bloodthirsty die hard eagles there were entertained

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The 19th Hole
    Posts
    13,682

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    The kids didn't change his mind. He literally made that call 10-15 seconds after we didn't score. It was a great call. Make them drive 99 yds to score. After seeing the 4th down play, they still would've had to drive 90+ yds if not for the penalty. Stop thinking like a fan and like a coach.
    The ONLY thing I didn't like is going out of the gun there. But that's our offense and I'm learning to deal with it. However, we really need something like ULM did where we line up and then Shai jumps under center quickly for a sneak in situations like that.

    And yes, I remember NC State. But I still think we need a package of some sort for 1-2 yards like that under center.

  6. #166

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by Army Eagle View Post
    Their defender got flipped over the blockers in front of the punter, so it was only running into instead of roughing
    This is literally exactly what happened to us vs ULL and we ended up getting called for a personal foul.

  7. #167

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    The ONLY thing I didn't like is going out of the gun there. But that's our offense and I'm learning to deal with it. However, we really need something like ULM did where we line up and then Shai jumps under center quickly for a sneak in situations like that.

    And yes, I remember NC State. But I still think we need a package of some sort for 1-2 yards like that under center.
    Yep. It doesnt make sense to run 6 yards to get 1 and I am trying to love this as well.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

  8. #168

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Game notes:

    Our uniforms looked great.

    ULMís uniforms also looked great. Love that look.
    Agreed on both points.

    One minor criticism though. I just want bigger jersey numbers. I think we had that during the Monken (maybe fritz) years and it complemented the font size on the helmets.
    32.432772, -81.781416

  9. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    The kids didn't change his mind. He literally made that call 10-15 seconds after we didn't score. It was a great call. Make them drive 99 yds to score. After seeing the 4th down play, they still would've had to drive 90+ yds if not for the penalty. Stop thinking like a fan and like a coach.
    I said I didnít hate the call, I just prefer the points.

  10. #170

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by ERK-MOBILE View Post
    Agreed on both points.

    One minor criticism though. I just want bigger jersey numbers. I think we had that during the Monken (maybe fritz) years and it complemented the font size on the helmets.
    Yeah, I was just throwing that out there since we wore our “real” uniforms—aka, helmets without the tiny wings. Our regular uniforms would look better if they were made by Nike, as everyone knows.

    Mostly, I wanted to say that I liked ULM’s look. I used to play Madden with the Redskins, and I always mixed and matched throwback elements to make a similar-looking uniform.
    Last edited by pete4256; 17th November 2019 at 06:09 PM.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Similar Threads

  1. [GAME THREAD] Football at Troy (November 9 - 3:30:00 PM)
    By GameThreadBot in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 434
    Last Post: 10th November 2019, 12:13 AM
  2. [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Maine (September 7 - 6:00:00 PM)
    By GameThreadBot in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 499
    Last Post: 8th September 2019, 08:02 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd September 2019, 05:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •