TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

Beck got hit by the tumbling blocker, but also hit low which should have been imo roughing. He punted well and the overall punt teams played very well.

We are really wasting Nahjee Thompson, and I have no idea why. He’s the fastest guy on the team, and one of the most physical. Either get him at RB/slot/WR or in the safety position. Way too good of a player to be wasting away on ST.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

3. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Creamsicle is never a good look. That **** was ugly.
    Agreed.

Biscuits and mustard.

Agreed

5. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I would have kicked the FG, but I don’t hate it in that situation if that was Lunsford’s original plan. What I don’t particularity care for is how he appeared to let the kids change his mind.
    The kids didn't change his mind. He literally made that call 10-15 seconds after we didn't score. It was a great call. Make them drive 99 yds to score. After seeing the 4th down play, they still would've had to drive 90+ yds if not for the penalty. Stop thinking like a fan and like a coach.

Not to mention everyone in the stadium was screaming go for it. To answer a question from gladiator, yes, the 5000 bloodthirsty die hard eagles there were entertained

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    The kids didn't change his mind. He literally made that call 10-15 seconds after we didn't score. It was a great call. Make them drive 99 yds to score. After seeing the 4th down play, they still would've had to drive 90+ yds if not for the penalty. Stop thinking like a fan and like a coach.
    The ONLY thing I didn't like is going out of the gun there. But that's our offense and I'm learning to deal with it. However, we really need something like ULM did where we line up and then Shai jumps under center quickly for a sneak in situations like that.

And yes, I remember NC State. But I still think we need a package of some sort for 1-2 yards like that under center.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Eagle View Post
    Their defender got flipped over the blockers in front of the punter, so it was only running into instead of roughing
    This is literally exactly what happened to us vs ULL and we ended up getting called for a personal foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    The ONLY thing I didn't like is going out of the gun there. But that's our offense and I'm learning to deal with it. However, we really need something like ULM did where we line up and then Shai jumps under center quickly for a sneak in situations like that.

And yes, I remember NC State. But I still think we need a package of some sort for 1-2 yards like that under center.
    Yep. It doesnt make sense to run 6 yards to get 1 and I am trying to love this as well.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Game notes:

Our uniforms looked great.

ULM’s uniforms also looked great. Love that look.
    Agreed on both points.

One minor criticism though. I just want bigger jersey numbers. I think we had that during the Monken (maybe fritz) years and it complemented the font size on the helmets.
    32.432772, -81.781416