TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Officiating Crew?

1. Default Re: Officiating Crew?

Quote Originally Posted by GSU36+yrFan View Post
    On the radio after the game Paul Johnson was fired up saying he didn't care if they fined him and went off on the refs. I think it was a father and son working on that crew together. All the calls went Furman's way that day.
    We really need more of that.

Perhaps someone who is good at video editing could put together a compilation..... This season has seen some really bad stuff....

Some nice, short clips of missed calls (that targeting on shai would have been a good example,). That was dangerous.

Throw that up on Twitter, FB, whatever.

A lot of organizations are very frightened about social media storms. Perhaps it's time to see how the SB reacts to getting called out.

I guess there are reasons our staff doesn't want to rock the boat, but that wouldn't stop some folks from shaming these buttholes.

I think a properly done campaign on this stuff would have a huge effect. None of these officials are doing that kind of work as their primary job..... Potential employers hire social media search companies. When one of these guys gets tagged as being a problem official, might make for some interesting interview fodder. When these guys start to see consequences, we will start to see fair work.

Many casual fans don't even know this stuff is happening. It's a problem. I understand how bad it was at times in the SoCon, but I think it's more impactful now. Our games are broadcast nationally, a lot more people see them.... Families of recruits, potential sponsors, etc.... Many of them don't know enough to see what's going on... They only see the result of the game and overlook the crap officiating which sometimes swings a game (GT, NC State, UGA being good examples.). "Inadvertent whistle?" WTF is that? In real life??

People say "missed" or "mistaken" in terms of the officiating we are seeing. Very little of this stuff is accidental. We know it, and the stripe crew does too.

Default Re: Officiating Crew?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

People say "missed" or "mistaken" in terms of the officiating we are seeing. Very little of this stuff is accidental. We know it, and the stripe crew does too.
    https://youtu.be/i3My4MHr51c

That depends on what the meaning of the word “we” is.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

4. Default Re: Officiating Crew?

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    That depends on what the meaning of the word “we” is.
    ”We” in the broad, inclusive sense.

Meaning everyone with at least one functional eye who isn’t a booger-eating moron.

(this season we have seen dancing flagged, and multiple TDs “missed” which happened literally 5 ft or less in front of an official.)

Meaning everyone with at least one functional eye who isn’t a booger-eating moron.

(this season we have seen dancing flagged, and multiple TDs “missed” which happened literally 5 ft or less in front of an official.)
    I’m legally blind, but I can see ok with both eyes as long as I wear protective lenses. I may well be a moron, but I haven’t eaten boogers in several years.

I even suspect there was anti-GS bias among Socon referees.

That said, what I’ve seen from the SBC officials this season looks less like bias and more like poor performance.

I mean, both teams were penalized for dancing, and CCU had two players ejected to our one. That ain’t bias.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Didn't ULM get a player ejected for targeting last weekend?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Where is this league of visually perceptive, mucous clod-averse intelligentsia, and why do they remain silent?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Yes, deservedly so.

The overturned call on the hit to Kennedy was also correct.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

9. Default Re: Officiating Crew?

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Should have been 2.

Werts was nailed at about the 5

Should have been 2.

Werts was nailed at about the 5
    Was he in the process of throwing or catching a pass? Criteria #1 for targeting is a defenseless player. A ball carrier in most circumstances doesn’t qualify.