TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

Default ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

Default Re: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

Awesome!

The network will await results from this weekend's games, as well as potential home atmospheres and tickets sales, before announcing a decision after Saturday's games. One game will kick off at 7:30 p.m. and be televised by ESPNU. The game not picked up will go on ESPN+ and Georgia Southern will opt to make kickoff 6 p.m. to give students more time to get back from Thanksgiving break.
    Nothing personal to ULM, but I'll be pulling for Coastal to beat them so that a bowl bid isn't at stake for ULM @ ULL.

That, and it would be great to take a televised Saturday game away from La-La.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

love that it will be a night game. If it's not raining(!!!!!) it should be a great game for attendance to spike. Although, it is Turkey Day weekend......
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

5. Default Re: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

This is another reason why reporting actual attendance is hurting us while our conference mates inflate their numbers. The article says ESPN is going to take atmosphere and ticket sales into account when selecting which team they want. We announced 10k last week and the homecoming game before that and 11k the game before that. ULL meanwhile is averaging 20k in their last 3 games according to their announced attendance.

Current (aka way too early) forecast has a high of 62° with a low of 46°
    10% of rain in the morning/20% in evening

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    This is another reason why reporting actual attendance is hurting us while our conference mates inflate their numbers. The article says ESPN is going to take atmosphere and ticket sales into account when selecting which team they want. We announced 10k last week and the homecoming game before that and 11k the game before that. ULL meanwhile is averaging 20k in their last 3 games according to their announced attendance.
    I wonder if it will help us at all that ULL has had so many national televised games already this year whereas we have not HOSTED one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    I wonder if it will help us at all that ULL has had so many national televised games already this year whereas we have not HOSTED one yet?
    I doubt it. They only want ratings, so they're going to air whatever game they think will draw in the most viewers.

We had 18k in attendance for Georgia State at home for a 0-8 team. Surely this season when many of our fans haven't traveled to a home game since ULL in September because of crappy weather we'll have some decent sales.

What we definitely don't need to happen is for us to lose to Ark State, Troy to beat La-La, and ULM to beat Coastal. If that happens UL will be fighting for the Division title and ULM for bowl eligibility. Don't see how ESPN wouldn't televise that.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

The ticket office should run some kind of special that if you have an unused ticket from a home game this season you get half off a ticket for this game. For our five home games we have had a hurricane evacuation, two torrential downpours and a cold rainy game. Only one game has had good conditions. I imagine there are a lot of unused tickets floating around. I don't know how you would make the logistics of this work, but I think it could help attendance and make some kind of consolation for fans who have had everything working against them in terms of being able to enjoy a game this year.