TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't figure Georgia State out

Default Re: Can't figure Georgia State out

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_4024 View Post
    I don't think Ellington will be running on that knee anytime soon. ACL gonna require surgery and he was in obvious pain against App
    Not exactly great for an RPO offense to have a QB that can't cut or run.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I think they are lying about his ACL.

I can't imagine anyone playing his position with that kind of injury.
    I watched the game. He was severely limited. Deshaun Watson played with his torn also in college. Not unheard of but takes a tremendous amount of pain tolerance and desire

Quote Originally Posted by gsuoption View Post
    They lost 45-31 to ULM.... Lost 56-27 to App State... but beat Troy 52-33 and Army 28-21. Beat Tennessee 38-30... But lost to Western Michigan 57-10..

Jekyll and Hyde.
    While you may not have been able to figure out G-State have you figured out "The Real GSU" yet?
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Without Ellington's ability to scramble, or run, their offense will be very limited. He still has to survive another week against USA.

I like our chances against a non-mobile QB with a mediocre arm. Their RB is pretty solid, but if we key on him hard, Ellington can't carry State with his only arm.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Georgia State probably doesn’t put up 700+ yards of offense with an injured Ellington, but they won’t have to.

Our offense isn’t very good, which all but ensures a tough game regardless of opponent. They could possibly beat us even with the kind of poor offensive performance we saw from USA and CCU.

Still, we’re at home. That matters.

But why are we worrying about GSU at all? It’s Arkansas State week!
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Georgia State probably doesn’t put up 700+ yards of offense with an injured Ellington, but they won’t have to.

Our offense isn’t very good, which all but ensures a tough game regardless of opponent. They could possibly beat us even with the kind of poor offensive performance we saw from USA and CCU.

Still, we’re at home. That matters.

But why are we worrying about GSU at all? It’s Arkansas State week!
    Our offense isn't very good, no. But I think it matters that Georgia State is allowing the 6th most YPC in the country at 5.5.

For comparison, ULM is at 5.7 and NMSU at 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Our offense isn't very good, no. But I think it matters that Georgia State is allowing the 6th most YPC in the country at 5.5.

For comparison, ULM is at 5.7 and NMSU at 6.1.
    It matters, but . . .

Without the defensive/special teams scores, what would the ULM score have been?

We’re not good enough on offense to expect anything but close games.

So, what about ArkSt?
    Thanks, Rastabot!

8. Default Re: Can't figure Georgia State out

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    From all the medical people I know, they say that playing on bad knee ligaments is just a crap shoot. They say it's true that people can rupture ligaments and not notice for awhile. If you only injure one ligament and swelling doesn't put pressure on other parts of the joint, it's not going to be debilitating pain. But the lack of stability lends itself to further injury to the other ligaments and muscles that are trying to pick up the slack.

All of that seems to check out from personal experience. I tried to make a hard cut during a game, heard a loud pop, and then felt all the resistance in my knee give out as I went straight down. It just felt a little weird - maybe numb - like someone had just given me a dead leg with a perfectly placed punch. I stayed in for a couple of plays before taking a bad step. Still not much pain, but my knee just buckled while jogging up the field and I knew something was wrong.

I ended up having a pretty good MCL tear. It's almost 15 years later and it still hurts once in a while and the joint is still weak if I have my weight taxing that ligament in the wrong way. Then again, I'm not a collegiate athlete and Ellington is probably getting much better rehab than my solution of ice packs and bourbon.
    I have the same thing.

I used to run a lot, but that’s not how it got messed up. I was carrying the heavy end of a sleeper couch up some stairs and I turned to take the corner. I felt and heard a pop.

Felt totally normal.... Until I tried to run again. And then, oh boy. It just would get so swollen and pissed off.

I saw a surgeon about it and he said not to fool with it. Said you could get a little more time out of it with some stitches, but it would quickly tear again.

I gave up running and biking. I can do anything else, and it doesn’t bother me at all.

Damn, I miss running though. I loved running about five miles or so. Once you settled in, it was very relaxing

I have the same thing.

I used to run a lot, but that’s not how it got messed up. I was carrying the heavy end of a sleeper couch up some stairs and I turned to take the corner. I felt and heard a pop.

Felt totally normal.... Until I tried to run again. And then, oh boy. It just would get so swollen and pissed off.

I saw a surgeon about it and he said not to fool with it. Said you could get a little more time out of it with some stitches, but it would quickly tear again.

I gave up running and biking. I can do anything else, and it doesn’t bother me at all.

Damn, I miss running though. I loved running about five miles or so. Once you settled in, it was very relaxing
    Excellent. This means I can taunt you easily without fear of being chased down and beaten. (makes note to self)
    Thanks, Rastabot!

I have the same thing.

PIVOT