TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't figure Georgia State out

Default Re: Can't figure Georgia State out

Was it Garrison Hearst who didn’t realize he’d long before torn his ACL until his NFL physical?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

2. Default Re: Can't figure Georgia State out

Son played two years of football without an ACL. He finally dropped while playing baseball in center field.
    Never knew

I hope they step into a hornets nest in Statesboro and the crowd is wild.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Was it Garrison Hearst who didn’t realize he’d long before torn his ACL until his NFL physical?
    Not sure about Hearst but Hines Ward has a similar story.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    Not sure about Hearst but Hines Ward has a similar story.
    Yeah, I think Hearst had cartilage damage that turned up at the combine, whereas Hines didn’t have an ACL at all.

Anyway. something like that.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Yeah, I think Hearst had cartilage damage that turned up at the combine, whereas Hines didn’t have an ACL at all.

Anyway. something like that.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...ml%3f_amp=true
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Based on personal experience, a partial tear MAY repair itself to some extent, but if it doesn’t, you just have a permanently weakened structural member in your knee. A complete tear WILL NOT grow back or repair itself and you will never have that structural member unless it’s repaired. That said, no two knee joints are alike, and some can still be very stable without the ACL, while others will be very unstable. Likewise, tearing your ACL may involve little other ancillary damage, or it may involve a ton of damage to cartilage and other ligaments.

I now must check out of this Holiday Inn Express.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Dang. Well, at least I hit .500.

https://www.steelers.com/news/shocki...mbine-20395434

My credibility continues to slip. If only someone could find footage of the 20011 onside kick that was returned for a TD, maybe it would be partly restored. Don’t make me do it—‘twould be unseemly for me to contradict Eagle#58.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

From all the medical people I know, they say that playing on bad knee ligaments is just a crap shoot. They say it's true that people can rupture ligaments and not notice for awhile. If you only injure one ligament and swelling doesn't put pressure on other parts of the joint, it's not going to be debilitating pain. But the lack of stability lends itself to further injury to the other ligaments and muscles that are trying to pick up the slack.

All of that seems to check out from personal experience. I tried to make a hard cut during a game, heard a loud pop, and then felt all the resistance in my knee give out as I went straight down. It just felt a little weird - maybe numb - like someone had just given me a dead leg with a perfectly placed punch. I stayed in for a couple of plays before taking a bad step. Still not much pain, but my knee just buckled while jogging up the field and I knew something was wrong.

I ended up having a pretty good MCL tear. It's almost 15 years later and it still hurts once in a while and the joint is still weak if I have my weight taxing that ligament in the wrong way. Then again, I'm not a collegiate athlete and Ellington is probably getting much better rehab than my solution of ice packs and bourbon.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    It depends on Ellington's ability to run the ball. When he's not a running threat they are very limited.

IMO it's like App in 2008....they looked like they were going to win 4 national championships in a row until Armanti Edwards got a hip pointer. They were not the same team after that game and Richmond beat them soundly to end their playoff game winning streak.
    I don't think Ellington will be running on that knee anytime soon. ACL gonna require surgery and he was in obvious pain against App