TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: “Loudest” Paulson memory

Default “Loudest” Paulson memory

I was wondering if anyone would like to share what they feel was the loudest they can recall the Paulson Stadium crowd getting in person. For me it was the 1999 “revenge game” in the semifinals against U-Mass. I was a kid. My parents (GS alums) took me to Southern games growing up, including the 1998 freezing monsoon NC game in Chattanooga. We all remember that outcome. Naturally they took me to the rematch the next year. I vaguely remember U-Mass driving down the field at the end of the game and GS intercepting the ball to put the game on ice. That, to me was the loudest I ever heard Paulson. Had we have had a decimal reader then, I’m positive it would’ve reached SEC levels (smile)
    “I don’t know what we’re yelling about!” —Brick

Default Re: “Loudest” Paulson memory

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveEAGLE24 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone would like to share what they feel was the loudest they can recall the Paulson Stadium crowd getting in person. For me it was the 1999 “revenge game” in the semifinals against U-Mass. I was a kid. My parents (GS alums) took me to Southern games growing up, including the 1998 freezing monsoon NC game in Chattanooga. We all remember that outcome. Naturally they took me to the rematch the next year. I vaguely remember U-Mass driving down the field at the end of the game and GS intercepting the ball to put the game on ice. That, to me was the loudest I ever heard Paulson. Had we have had a decimal reader then, I’m positive it would’ve reached SEC levels (smile)
    The first home App game in the FBS was the loudest and probably rowdiest I’ve seen Paulson
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He’s a grown man, fishing’s not that hard." - Ron Swanson

Western Kentucky FCS playoff game. I don't know what it was, maybe atmospheric weather conditions, it was cold and very overcast, WKU to this day was the biggest football team I ever saw. Both our offense and defense lines looked tiny going up against them. Paulson was loud and rocking, I think maybe 10,000 were there. I'll never forget it. Just barely, wide right by 2 inches a 52 yard field goal as time expired that would have won it for us. The kind of game that will always make me think kindly of FCS football and the effort FCS kids put in to be good. Good football is good football no matter what level, D3,2, FCS, G5 or P5.

4. Default Re: “Loudest” Paulson memory

I wasn’t at the 1989 National Title game, so the loudest for me was probably the 2014 game against App otherwise known as The Great Frisbee Dilemma of ‘14

I think the loudest start to finish was probably that 2014 App game.

But the loudest POP I've heard is probably 2005 vs Furman, when Chris Dickerson caught that pass over the middle. That was an unforgettable moment.

I think it was 2011 vs #24 Chattanooga. Huge crowd and it was crazy loud. Won 28-27.

2005 Furman

3rd and 15 Conversion, which was a louder explosion of sound that the game winning TD IMO.

Time Stamped link picks up this moment well:

https://youtu.be/Sm2m9YG1cxg?list=PL...-oCcGGK&t=8187
    Last edited by TheEagleWay; 19th November 2019 at 08:03 AM.

The three loudest moments, going on my unscientific opinion:

1. The blocked field goal a the end of the 2016 ULM game.
    2. The walk-off fumble win in OT against App in 2010.
    3. Chris Dickerson catch against Furman in 2005.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

2005 Furman

Surprisingly 2010 Elon was pretty rowdy also. Elon was #11 and had owned us under Hatcher, and Riddle's trash talk leading up to it amplified that game even more.

First Thursday Frisbee night vs Crapp State. The umass playoff game was extremely loud considering the size of the crowd.

*started coming to games in 1991 my first freshman year.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"