TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: “Loudest” Paulson memory

Default Re: “Loudest” Paulson memory

Beginning of the 2008 App game was pretty damn amped up.

Also, I was amazed at how loud we were for the number of people in the stands against UTC in 2013. At one point, the ref came over the PA and said the band would have to stop playing when UTC was in formation because their coach complained (even though their band was guilty of it against us). Well the crowd got MAD about that and got even louder than the band. They ended up taking a timeout after that because of the noise.

2018 App was rocking start to finish.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

Also, I was amazed at how loud we were for the number of people in the stands against UTC in 2013. At one point, the ref came over the PA and said the band would have to stop playing when UTC was in formation because their coach complained (even though their band was guilty of it against us). Well the crowd got MAD about that and got even louder than the band. They ended up taking a timeout after that because of the noise.
    I forgot about the safety against App in 2008. That was pretty loud.

I remember that 2013 UTC game, too. If ever there was a game where crowd noise won a game for us, it was there. UTC's offense was out of sorts for the rest of that game - several false starts and delay of game penalties and I think a snap the QB wasn't ready for as well.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Eagle View Post
    2005 Furman

Surprisingly 2010 Elon was pretty rowdy also. Elon was #11 and had owned us under Hatcher, and Riddle's trash talk leading up to it amplified that game even more.
    That was a great game-day experience. Probably the highlight was when Laron Scott had the pick 6. Place was rockin’.

Loudest I remember was 2016 ULM, leading up to the blocked FG.

Craziest I remember was 2002 WKU fourth quarter. There may have 5-6K, but we’d been sitting in bone-chilling cold for hours and expended all that pent-up anxiety when Jermaine Austin broke free for the go-ahead score.

Other than the end of ‘92 NLCS and the end of the UF game, that was my “most excited moment” as a sports fan.

Grown men—strangers—were hugging each other and jumping up and down in jubilation.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

I forgot about that. Yeah, they were rattled. It wasn’t a particularly big crowd, but it was big enough.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

An underrated game was WMU in 2015. Every time Antonio Glover picked off a pass it got louder.

I couldn’t make the 2016 app game so I gave my tickets to my in laws. Watching it on tv I was stunned with how loud it was and my in laws confirmed it was rocking especially after the Eligwe scoop and score.

That must the the UTC game I remember and not 2011. I just remember my ears ringing... never have experienced anything like that in Paulson before or since. It was unreal.

2014 App, without question.

We were sitting front row of the student section. There was an App player named Shriner who was talking trash to us the entire time. We started a chant that I can't post on here directed towards him and we had a couple of App players dying laughing. He must've not been too popular with his teammates.

I also remember one App player picking up a "frisbee" and trying to crack it over his leg and completely whiffed, to the joy of the student section. Those first FBS years were some of the most fun memories I have of Statesboro.

10. Default Re: “Loudest” Paulson memory

Last 5 minutes of the 1989 nat'l championship games vs Stephen F Austin.