TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3940414243 LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

What did I say? Give you hope and take it away.
    Just One More Time!!!

The team got fight but can't wait till the third quarter to start fighting

3. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

This game was lost in the first quarter. Not on an almost heroic play in the last 40 seconds.

Edited
    Last edited by Eagle22; 23rd November 2019 at 08:16 PM. Reason: TOS violation

Going forward, you post dumb stuff in the game threads you get a few days (or longer) timeout for violating TOS (Terms of Service).

And don't bother emailing us to ask us WHY.

Read up.

https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/content....rms-of-Service
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Michael - '10 BS Mechanical Engineering Technology
    Statesboro by way of Thomson
    AMSOIL Independent Dealer - ZO# 1953271

7. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

Far too many games this year we have come out and played awful defense in the first half and fallen way behind

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    This team is not progressing at this point overall, it is mediocre Sun Belt football. The offense is ok and good to see Debesse trying new things but this defense is the worst I think I have witnessed in over 20 years of watching GS football. 8 games giving up over 30? Is this the worst defense in our history or was it 2017? Either way it is crazy bad. We all know the same defense is coming back next year along with the DC. It appears most teams have figured it out. I like Chad as much as anyone I just dont see this staff taking us to the next level especially with low level recruiting. Slogans ring hollow without winning.
    Funny thing, you didn’t say that after last weeks game. Jonesboro is always a tough W and then look at our injuries. Losing Byrd was huge, no JDK and a make shift OL made for an ever tougher climb. Yet climb they did. D gives up 3 points in the second half. Nobody is happy with the first half but look at the competitiveness in our team. I’m a proud alum because our kids get down but don’t quit.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    This team is not progressing at this point overall, it is mediocre Sun Belt football. The offense is ok and good to see Debesse trying new things but this defense is the worst I think I have witnessed in over 20 years of watching GS football. 8 games giving up over 30? Is this the worst defense in our history or was it 2017? Either way it is crazy bad. We all know the same defense is coming back next year along with the DC. It appears most teams have figured it out. I like Chad as much as anyone I just dont see this staff taking us to the next level especially with low level recruiting. Slogans ring hollow without winning.
    This is the Sun Belt Conference—teams score points.

Just for perspective, Willie Fritz won 17 games in his two regular seasons. Lunsford could very well win 16, and that's with significantly more roster issues and a tougher schedule.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.