TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 414243

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

1. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Just for perspective, Willie Fritz won 17 games in his two regular seasons. Lunsford could very well win 16, and that's with significantly more roster issues and a tougher schedule.
    Not true. We had 1 offensive lineman returning when he got here. Solution was juco players.

Not ready to give up on Chad yet but honestly I don’t see the talent to compete to win a Conference. Could be wrong but not sure you grow a bunch of good high school athletes. transfers will be key to long term success. Transfer portal already benefited Southern need a plan to exploit it as State is positioned much better for this...

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Richrappa View Post
    Not true. We had 1 offensive lineman returning when he got here. Solution was juco players.

Not ready to give up on Chad yet but honestly I don’t see the talent to compete to win a Conference. Could be wrong but not sure you grow a bunch of good high school athletes. transfers will be key to long term success. Transfer portal already benefited Southern need a plan to exploit it as State is positioned much better for this...
    The only transfer he had on the offensive line was Rosco Byrd in 2015. He had all seniors in 2014 and went next man up the next year. Most those guys were juniors. You want to talk about good to great? Those guys had Brent Davis as their coach and then Alex Atkins. The only guy we are starting on the offensive line right now who has been in the program for a long time isn’t even trusted to be out there every series. Our most important offensive line position is filled with a walk-on that was used as an H-back in the bowl game. You’re right the talent is just not there. I knew that when we signed 7 offensive lineman in last year’s class. The juco route can be a very dangerous route to go but I hope we will find one or two in this class. I think next year we will see vast improvement and by 2021 we will be solid there again.

The lack of talent argument is so dumb. I saw Werts and Michaud play school yard football yesterday with success. They were drawing up plays on the fly. We got plenty of talent.
    Go Eagles!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The lack of talent argument is so dumb. I saw Werts and Michaud play school yard football yesterday with success. They were drawing up plays on the fly. We got plenty of talent.
    I don’t think anybody doubts the talent at the skill positions. You can’t tell me you think this offensive line has plenty of talent.

When you have a DL starter who has played 90% of the snaps and only has 1.5 sacks on the season, it makes you scratch your head. Chris Harris was one of our best linebackers a year ago and he didn’t play again yesterday. Quin Williams is our highest rated recruit ever - he had two sacks while playing only 7 downs against Minnesota. Doubt he has played 10 snaps since then. He can play DE. Just don’t understand why you don’t try some new faces after getting man handled by Troy and Ark State.

Alright, the game is over so I'm closing the thread since the discussion has migrated off of that topic.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.