TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Another great postgame radio show on I-95

Default Re: Another great postgame radio show on I-95

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Apparently it’s the very linchpin of some folk’s game day experience, if not their entire relationship to the program.
    yeah that one kind of blew my mind. I've heard all sorts of excuses for dropping donations to the school, but the radio show has got to be a new one...

2. Default Re: Another great postgame radio show on I-95

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    yeah that one kind of blew my mind. I've heard all sorts of excuses for dropping donations to the school, but the radio show has got to be a new one...
    I'm still waiting for those to triple their donation from when Sam Baker was let go.

3. Default Re: Another great postgame radio show on I-95

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Yeah, I didn't know that so many people were actually paying attention to it. I listen until I get out of range when leaving home games when I can make them. But it's not like I have ever thought twice about it. I've never thought it was particularly good or bad. Just information about the game after it. Sometimes funny, sometimes not. It's just not that big of a deal. I don't get any of the "embarrassment" posts or how it really makes any difference.
    I listen to the post game through TuneIn and haven't had any problems. Post game shows are what they are: Recap the game, talk to the coach and a couple of players, lite analysis and highlights from the broadcast. I don't know what more people expect.

I will say this, the post game is way better than it was 20 years ago. That was an embarrassment. It was hosted by someone that you couldn't understand and had drunk people calling in going "Hey, Go Eagles" or "Hey did you see the game? AP is pretty good." Stirring commentary, right there.

The thing other networks do that ours doesn’t is let people call in. I don’t know if I would love it or hate it if some of our more negative posters here had an ability to call in and talk about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    The thing other networks do that ours doesn’t is let people call in. I don’t know if I would love it or hate it if some of our more negative posters here had an ability to call in and talk about the game.
    I'm sure other shows use call screeners.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

6. Default Re: Another great postgame radio show on I-95

I didn't drop donating because of the radio show. I dropped donating because of the mindset that allows the radio show to happen.....

Based on some of the comments that get texted or tweeted in, I'm thinking it's a good thing we don't have that feature lol

As someone else said, I'm sure they have a call screener, but sometimes stuff still slips through.

I'm not sure what the setup is for those particular shows. It may help that some of them actually have a flagship station that they are associated with, which would provide a bigger/better studio setup in which to filter such calls.

That's because this message board (and most message boards for most other teams) has become the modern day call-in show. Everyone gets to voice their opinions without having to get through a call screener. And everyone can respond to any comment as if they're the one running the show and taking calls.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Based on some of the comments that get texted or tweeted in, I'm thinking it's a good thing we don't have that feature lol

As someone else said, I'm sure they have a call screener, but sometimes stuff still slips through.

I'm not sure what the setup is for those particular shows. It may help that some of them actually have a flagship station that they are associated with, which would provide a bigger/better studio setup in which to filter such calls.
    If you’ve ever heard a UGA postgame show it’s gold. UGA fans are already a little emotional. When you get a fan calling in whose heavily intoxicated to talk about a loss it’s quite entertaining. I remember a clip was played all over national sports talk shows when a clearly drunk fan called in and started crying about Mark Richt needing to be fired when they lost to Clemson in 2013.

If you’ve ever heard a UGA postgame show it’s gold. UGA fans are already a little emotional. When you get a fan calling in whose heavily intoxicated to talk about a loss it’s quite entertaining. I remember a clip was played all over national sports talk shows when a clearly drunk fan called in and started crying about Mark Richt needing to be fired when they lost to Clemson in 2013.
    I remember laughing my butt off at the Florida show after our victory