TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Georgia State (November 30 - 6:00 PM)

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Georgia State (November 30 - 6:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballgsu View Post
    Ellington impressed me when he sold out on third down with two defenders about to pop him trying to get the first. He fell short, but it wasn't because of effort; he lowered his shoulder and dove into our two guys.
    Lunsford had a pretty long chat with him after the game. Kid is tough.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I mentioned to a couple State fans how impressive he was both before and even after the injury. It takes grit to do that.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    Really nice atmosphere in the game tonight. Kudo's to students who came back to campus for the game. GATA babeee!
    +1, the kids showed up. It was like a "old" GS game/victory. Werts would have had 82 more yards passing and a TD but.......a drop. The kid was so mad at himself for dropping it(on sidelines).

4. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Georgia State (November 30 - 6:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Glad to hear it. Seems like a good kid and I really like his QB play when healthy and his determination when not healthy, he was a good get for State, I wish him well.

The wife and I had to chuckle at the students giving their bench the “tomahawk chop” late on the game.

Also noticed their band having a good time, waving cell phones and singing along. I guess it was exciting to experience a crowd.

...was the State marching band trying to conduct a seance at half time? That was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Coach Elliott tried to. Everyone on the staff did. He even tried to get Ellington's dad to convince him to back down. His dad told him if his boy wants to play, let him play.
    I just hope he hasn't suffered more long term damage that is going to bother him for many years. I can't remember the last time I heard someone playing QB on a torn ACL for multiple games.

Quote Originally Posted by introvertedGSUfan View Post
    I just hope he hasn't suffered more long term damage that is going to bother him for many years. I can't remember the last time I heard someone playing QB on a torn ACL for multiple games.
    i don't want to sound like a negatron because I like the kid but, a torn ACL, he didn't miss a game, I got to ask, how serious was the injury? The Jet has missed two seasons because of it(ACL). Again, I've always liked the kid but I also know how GagState reports their attendance figures.

Quote Originally Posted by introvertedGSUfan View Post
    Apparently Deshaun Watson did it
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i don't want to sound like a negatron because I like the kid but, a torn ACL, he didn't miss a game, I got to ask, how serious was the injury? The Jet has missed two seasons because of it(ACL). Again, I've always liked the kid but I also know how GagState reports their attendance figures.
    Joe Ross did it. Of course, he missed a game before coming back and running for 100+ yards in the 1989 NC game. He was essentially running on one leg—about like Ellington last night.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops