TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Bowl Selection

1. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Right. He’d said 3. Which wouldn’t have made them bowl eligible.
    Yeah, I gotcha, I was just validating the response since you added the “?.”

Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

I selfishly want us to go to Arizona since I have family there and live in Texas now. But I think the Cure would be the best suited one for us for attendance and matchup

3. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    The people on the bowl committees attend the games of potential teams to gauge atmosphere and attendance.

The Cure Bowl representative was at Turner Field on the 22nd when they played South Alabama to the tune of 200 people. They were in Statesboro a week later to watch us play State. Which do you think they were more impressed by? The atmosphere and attendance we brought, or the morgue that is Turner Field?
    Yeah, I get that we would provide a much more impressive atmosphere, I am just saying that there is a small chance that the committee’s priority might be selling more tickets over actual seats filled. I’m not saying they will, just that it is possible.

4. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yeah, I get that we would provide a much more impressive atmosphere, I am just saying that there is a small chance that the committee’s priority might be selling more tickets over actual seats filled. I’m not saying they will, just that it is possible.
    Luckily we’d be able to do both.

GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    I noticed the overall record vs Gag is listed as 2-3 when it is really 3-3.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    From our very good friend Ben Moore:

If the Cure Bowl takes anyone other than Arkansas State I'll be shocked. I've heard from GSU people that it will most likely be an Alabama bowl but nothing is finalized until this weekend. These bowls are basically set up this week because travel plans will need to be firmed for the teams.
    Elliott has been very vocal about how critical the next two weekends being important for official visits. GSU only has a few spots left in the class so the next 15 days are important to lock the class in.
    To clarify - Elliott was telling the hosts that if GSU gets the invite to Arizona then he wanted them to join them out there. Hugh came to the App State-GSU game and was on the field pregame.

Louisiana has struggled mightily with home fan support. Don't be shocked if they get sent to an Alabama bowl and don't travel very well there.
    Guys who would know (like Brett McMurphy) have said for weeks that GS is most likely headed to Tuscon. Something to watch.
    Like it or not - GSU beating Tennessee and even Army is a major deal to some of these bowl selection committees and why I believe the Panthers are a very attractive choice to several of these bowls.
    If the Red Wolves don't head to Orlando they may head to Tuscon.”
    McMurphy's latest bowl projections have GS vs Liberty in the Cure Bowl. Just came out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    I noticed the overall record vs Gag is listed as 2-3 when it is really 3-3.
    I didn't see that, but next year it will be GSU 4 - State 3 so he will really have to catch up.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

9. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Not sure you can say that as we have sold our allotment in both bowl appearances. It's why you're seeing us mentioned by some to the Cure Bowl which we showed well vs. Western Kentucky two seasons ago.Also, we aren't last in Sun Belt attendance like another G5 school in this state. That matters as most bowl committees can base an average around 15% of announced attendance will travel to a bowl game.”

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post

Not sure you can say that as we have sold our allotment in both bowl appearances. It's why you're seeing us mentioned by some to the Cure Bowl which we showed well vs. Western Kentucky two seasons ago.Also, we aren't last in Sun Belt attendance like another G5 school in this state. That matters as most bowl committees can base an average around 15% of announced attendance will travel to a bowl game.”
    If memory serves me correctly, I think Coach Miles bought at least a hundred student tickets for the bowl game in 15. Not sure if they were actually used or not..