TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 420

Thread: Realistic Bowl Selection

  1. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    Cure WILL be ESPN next year, yes?
    Do not discount the amount of influence they will have this year on Cure though

    and I think ESPN wants APP to be the next UCF
    But APP has to produce results obviously
    but my guess is they will utilize their influence to bring this about

    just MHO
    I don’t think ESPN wants another UCF at all, let alone one that would need ESPN’s help to be created.

  2. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    They could not help it that the Carolinas inhale vigorouslyed
    Just because they couldn’t help it doesn’t change the fact they haven’t played a ranked opponent all year while Memphis and Cincy have.

  3. #303

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    Cure WILL be ESPN next year, yes?
    Do not discount the amount of influence they will have this year on Cure though

    and I think ESPN wants APP to be the next UCF
    But APP has to produce results obviously
    but my guess is they will utilize their influence to bring this about

    just MHO
    Correct..next year it's an ESPN bowl

    It wouldn't surprise me if they are trying to pitch them as the next UCF given how much attention they tend to give the Michigan win. I don't feel like they many many other upsets as much as they do that one, but maybe I just don't notice..

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    9,031

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    They could not help it that the Carolinas inhale vigorouslyed
    no one said it was Appy's fault, just that the OOC was weak.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    28,041

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    They could not help it that the Carolinas inhale vigorouslyed
    And their other OOC (not counting FCS) was Charlotte....so they scheduled themselves for success, but had a weak schedule as a result.

    All that said, if they were undefeated this wouldn't be a conversation.

    We had a much tougher schedule than them...and you see where we ended up. The take home from this is win your games and the rest of it is taken care of.


  6. #306

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/g...nCgZZPPrHmh3K/

    This AJC article says it's most likely Mobile or Orlando for us, but I take it with a grain of slat because (LawL) it says the loser of the CCG will go to Arizona.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  7. #307

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/g...nCgZZPPrHmh3K/

    This AJC article says it's most likely Mobile or Orlando for us, but I take it with a grain of slat because (LawL) it says the loser of the CCG will go to Arizona.
    The AJC actually acknowledged that we exist??
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

  8. #308

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Just because they couldn’t help it doesn’t change the fact they haven’t played a ranked opponent all year while Memphis and Cincy have.
    As Clemson has proven, your schedule does not make you the better/best team. If you are the best team, you are the best team.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  9. #309

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    The AJC actually acknowledged that we exist??
    typo
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

  10. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    The AJC actually acknowledged that we exist??
    Must be a slow crime day for news in the ATL. I did notice that the article was about Gag going to their third bowl game in 5 years. I think we were mentioned inadvertently as an also ran that just happened to be going to a bowl.

Similar Threads

  1. Realistic shot at a postseason?
    By GSUALLDAY25 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25th February 2017, 02:47 PM
  2. Realistic Expectations for 2014 Season
    By kdarnell233 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 342
    Last Post: 24th January 2014, 08:27 PM
  3. What is a realistic goal for our basketball program?
    By Eaglebacker in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 2nd April 2009, 10:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •