TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Bowl Selection

Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I'd argue a 12-1 App gets in over a 12-1 Boise.

App has 2 P5 wins to Boise's 1, and score wise were nowhere near as dominant as App. Boise played a 9-4 Hawaii while App plays a 10-2 ULL.

Now there's no way App gets in over a 12-1 Memphis, and a 11-2 Cincinnati might be a coin toss.
    Cincy would have more ranked wins than App would.

You got to remember, perception plays into this a lot as well.

WMU beat 2 P5s the year they made it too, but they only really made it cause they were undefeated. One loss would have dropped them out of it.

2. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Don t care who we play. After being 1-3 I m glad we made a bowl

3. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I'd argue a 12-1 App gets in over a 12-1 Boise.

App has 2 P5 wins to Boise's 1, and score wise were nowhere near as dominant as App. Boise played a 9-4 Hawaii while App plays a 10-2 ULL.

Now there's no way App gets in over a 12-1 Memphis, and a 11-2 Cincinnati might be a coin toss.
    Boise has been ranked higher than App all season, I can’t image that would change next week if Boise wins the WAC. 12 wins would be an impressive feat for App, but not so much when notice only 4 of those were against a winning team.

I'd be happy with anywhere except Arizona. Logistically, just can't make that one work.
    Cure would be fun because it would be new. But honestly, I thought Montgomery was lots of fun last year and wouldn't be disappointed to go back if that's where we end up. The city was excited about the game and the game day activities were all a lot of fun. Overall, it was a great experience.
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

5. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    I mentioned that to someone earlier and they made a good point - they did it with App.
    Yeah, in 2016... the 2019 bowl selection committee is saying (according to Big Frank) they don’t want that.

6. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Cincy would have more ranked wins than App would.

You got to remember, perception plays into this a lot as well.

WMU beat 2 P5s the year they made it too, but they only really made it cause they were undefeated. One loss would have dropped them out of it.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but we have more ranked wins than App as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TiftEagle View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but we have more ranked wins than App as well.
    checks notes

That would be accurate.

8. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

I want to play the team that gives us the highest chance to win. Nobody cares that EMU finished 7-6 and tied for 5th in the MAC... they just remember that we won our bowl, got 10 wins, and had positive momentum over the offseason.

Does Lunsford's first season mean as much as if we had lost that game to 10-4 MAC runner-up Buffalo instead? Nope.

Get a win, hang a banner, and move on to 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I want to play the team that gives us the highest chance to win. Nobody cares that EMU finished 7-6 and tied for 5th in the MAC... they just remember that we won our bowl, got 10 wins, and had positive momentum over the offseason.

Does Lunsford's first season mean as much as if we had lost that game to 10-4 MAC runner-up Buffalo instead? Nope.

Get a win, hang a banner, and move on to 2020.
    Yes. And we all know 8-5 is going to look infinitely better than 7-6.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

10. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Agree 100 percent. Play whoever get a win and a trophy and take momentum into the offseason