TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowl Ticket Preorder.

Default Re: Bowl Ticket Preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    It was a day trip for Camelia. I believe they combined the Statesboro/Atlanta into 1 trip. Had a friend take the trip when it stopped in Atlanta (Buckhead) and he tailgated with us. Then left like 30-45 minutes after the game. I think they included some light snacks, can't remember if he said it included a meal. He said it was a lot of fun.

Go Daddy they did an Atlanta day trip bus - back and forth. The driver had a child at GSU so I knew we were going to win, it was a sign!! I believe the Statesboro bus(es) did an overnight trip that included hotel
    Correct about Statesboro being an overnight bus. We left very early Friday morning, had Jimmy John's lunch along the way. Arrived maybe 2 hours before the pep rally, so plenty of time to get dinner.
    The downside was we had to check out midday Saturday, so if you were out that morning, you had to come back to get your stuff and load it on the bus, still had time to kill before the bus took us to the stadium. Arrived well before the tailgate started and then left 30 minutes to an hour after the game. Included a post game meal as well. thankfully we stopped at a rest stop not too long after we left so that we could change into dry clothes. Had to do a driver swap at some point due to the number of hours.

The hotel was very nice though and right next door to the team hotel. I want to say the cost was in the 300 range/person

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Is it possible to donate Cure Bowl mobile tickets to WINGS?

Per David Cutler in a separate tweet, the pre-sales so far for each bowl (out of an allocated 5K) are the following:

Cure: 1,250 (25% Sold)
    Camellia: 1,115 (22%)
    New Orleans: 420 (8%)
    Arizona: 294 (6%)
    Mobile: 655 (13%)

4. Default Re: Bowl Ticket Preorder.

Numbers of pre-sales??? Man we talk a big game but sell 1,250 to the most wanted bowl..

I love that we have a strong fanbase that shows up but I really hate that we show up late.

I think once the bowl game site is announced Sunday, and marketing from the Ticket Office/Social Media/Fans, ticket sales will take off, but yea...

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle08 View Post
    I think once the bowl game site is announced Sunday, and marketing from the Ticket Office/Social Media/Fans, ticket sales will take off, but yea...
    Well a bigger issue is that lots of people buy from secondary markets cause they're cheaper. Yea I get it, but also hope they realize the implications as well.

I've always harped on buying tickets from the school, but for regular away games I've kinda given up on that. However, for bowls, at least the minimum needs to be purchased. Otherwise that eats into potential money the program can get for going to a bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I love that we have a strong fanbase that shows up but I really hate that we show up late.
    No matter what it is, we are very late fan base when it comes to tickets.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Well a bigger issue is that lots of people buy from secondary markets cause they're cheaper. Yea I get it, but also hope they realize the implications as well.

I've always harped on buying tickets from the school, but for regular away games I've kinda given up on that. However, for bowls, at least the minimum needs to be purchased. Otherwise that eats into potential money the program can get for going to a bowl.
    Exactly. I like they will place a "meter" to gauge how many of the 5K allotment are still outstanding this Sunday when the bowl site is announced. It's good to know in case fans want to buy a few extra for donations to WINGS and we can make sure we aren't on the hook.

I do wonder, though, for any sales over the allotment, do those sales go directly to GS or at least a proportion? Or does it all go to the bowl?

This!!
    and what's crazy is some people buy from secondary markets for even home games and don't realize that they're actually paying more.

Unless there is some sort of contract stipulation, like the bowl game or say Clemson (I believe we got a portion of sales back), I don't think I will be buying through the school anymore for away games. one of the main reasons I tend to do so is because I typically travel alone, so I would much prefer to know I will be with our allotment versus stuck in the midst of whatever opponent we're facing.