TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All-SBC Teams

1. Default Re: All-SBC Teams

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    As long as we are an option team, I doubt we see a 1st team QB. Unless we find some freak of nature who throws for 2000 yards and runs for 1000. Not any fault of the QB but it's just not how our system is designed. What we should see are 1st team RBs and OL.
    It’s just one of those things.

Unfortunately, QB stats don’t pick up on things which Werts does brilliantly. He throws a LOT of perfect pitches behind the line of scrimmage and pays the price by being drilled.

Not exactly something current stats will capture, but definitely just as valuable and critical as any forward pass in any other offense.

Fortunately, I don’t think Werts cares. He shouldn’t. We know how good he is, regardless of which silly awards get passed out.

Default Re: All-SBC Teams

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    You're right he wont be playing Nintendo but Xbox or PlayStation.
    no, he's to busy leading the team he led all year to two more games.

Thought you were referring to the NFL next year.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    As long as we are an option team, I doubt we see a 1st team QB. Unless we find some freak of nature who throws for 2000 yards and runs for 1000. Not any fault of the QB but it's just not how our system is designed. What we should see are 1st team RBs and OL.
    Discounting All-America honors, which were extended to Tracy Ham (consensus first-team), Greg Hill, Chaz Williams, Jayson Foster, and Jerick McKinnon, the following guys have gotten all-conference honors:

Greg Hill—first-team (coaches/media) 1998, 1999. Socon POTY, 1999
    J.R. Revere—first-team (coaches/media) 2001
    Chaz Williams—first-team (coaches/media) 2002. Socon POTY, 2002
    Jayson Foster—first-team (coaches/media) 2007. Socon POTY, 2007
    Jaybo Shaw—second-team (coaches/media), 2011
    Kevin Ellison—second-team (SBC), 2014

We’ve had a SBC HM QB four-straight years starting with Ellison in 2016.

IMO, things HAVE changed somewhat, in that most QBs put up much bigger numbers than before, whereas ours don’t. Maybe that changes things, up I kinda think that a star QB on a real good GS team will have a chance. But he’ll need more than 1200-1300 total yards in the regular season.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Thought you were referring to the NFL next year.
    I guess my point is, imo where the TEAM is at the end of the season should have some weight on the selections. Yep, the Troy QB is good but his "goodness" led to 5 wins. I think choices should be made not solely on cold stats. For example, if I'm Appy's QB I'd have a little chip on my shoulder for only being named 3rd team.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I guess my point is, imo where the TEAM is at the end of the season should have some weight on the selections. Yep, the Troy QB is good but his "goodness" led to 5 wins. I think choices should be made not solely on cold stats. For example, if I'm Appy's QB I'd have a little chip on my shoulder for only being named 3rd team.
    Disagree sir.

Take back Foster's Payton Award. **** team didn't even make the playoffs. Obviously Armanti deserved it since App was NC.