TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle08 View Post
    Per Pat Forde, App State's AD Doug Gillin is a candidate for the AD at Cincinnati, which was vacated when Mike Bohn went to USC.

Tough 24 hours for the 'Neers.
    Finally having to deal with some uncertainty. I love it.

2. Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle08 View Post
    Per Pat Forde, App State's AD Doug Gillin is a candidate for the AD at Cincinnati, which was vacated when Mike Bohn went to USC.

Tough 24 hours for the 'Neers.
    Interesting. App's baseball and basketball programs are horrible, yet, Gillin (who has held that position 3 years less than our AD) is a candidate for Cincinnati. It looks like that TS hire was a significant disruption to TK's career plans.

Gillen is one hundred times the AD that we have. Appy losing him would do them much more harm than losing Drank.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    We ALL know exactly how Summers got hired.

We have a handful of people with influence over the program who are much more interested in running some kind of youth group than actually winning at football.

Until those people are out numbered, we run the risk of hiring another Summers.

I love CL, and I think he is a diamond in the rough.... But the truth of the matter is-he easily could have been another Summers. I think he will work out well, but anyone with his resume was at best a 50/50 shot.

We got a real problem in this area. Our hiring priorities are still really messed up.
    Wow agree with this guy for once. Nobody is rooting against CL and it might work out well but it was an insanely irresponsible hire, especially coming off the Summer's hire. Klownlein is a not a bright person.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

5. Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    and what we are saying is that it takes a good HC to not screw things up when he gets here and further develop the talent that was here, which CF did wonderfully. Now Mr Summers?, not so wonderfully.
    Pretty big difference between “wonderful” coaches and competent coaches.

I have always said WF was a competent coach. Nothing special.

Competent coach, horrible person. I think he scammed the hell out of us.

I’m just amazed that people continually try and paint him as something he is not. Good scam artists often have that effect on people. A good scam artists will give folks just a little here and there and let folks run with it. WF did exactly that to our fan base. (Many folks are still going nuts defending the man. I think he scammed us. The end.)

There’s also a pretty big difference between Summers and competent, but that’s beside the point.

6. Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

I’m just amazed that people continually try and paint him as something he is not. Good scam artists often have that effect on people. A good scam artists will give folks just a little here and there and let folks run with it. WF did exactly that to our fan base. (Many folks are still going nuts defending the man. He scammed us. The end.)

There’s also a pretty big difference between Summers and competent, but that’s beside the point.
    Nobody here is trying to paint WF as anything other than a very good head football coach, because he is... That’s it. Period.

I’m just amazed that people continually try and paint him as something he is not. Good scam artists often have that effect on people. A good scam artists will give folks just a little here and there and let folks run with it. WF did exactly that to our fan base. (Many folks are still going nuts defending the man. I think he scammed us. The end.)

you do know I like the guy a lot, don't let facts get in your way, the guy is an outstanding HC and his years of being one is all you need to know. Sounds like you been listening to folks that really don't have a clue. "Scamming" works both ways. Butt hurt for some of you on here seems to last a long time. The guy is one of the most respected HC's in all of the NCAA(by his peers), he is close friends with Monken and remains a mentor to our current HC. Go figure?

No evidence has been presented to show how we got "scammed"

Leaving for a better job and more pay ain't a scam. That's good business.

9. Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Wow agree with this guy for once. Nobody is rooting against CL and it might work out well but it was an insanely irresponsible hire, especially coming off the Summer's hire. Klownlein is a not a bright person.

I do wonder how much control TK has over the process.

IDK whether some big donors might have veto power over him.

TK has done good stuff in some areas which indicates he is not a total idiot, but his hiring processes and decisions of late seem very odd.

TS was the very strange result of what looked like a fairly extensive and legit search. As far as I can tell, CL was the result of no search at all. Was anyone else even interviewed?

-Again, I love CL and pray he works out..... But at that critical juncture, a 50/50 hire was super irresponsible

Have you ever met or spoken with the guy? What makes him a scam artist in your opinion? He took another job that tripled his salary like anyone in the world would do given the same opportunity. As I have said before, I have one issue with what CWF did when he left and that is whining about "job security".
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive