TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 267

Thread: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

  1. Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    No evidence has been presented to show how we got "scammed"

    Leaving for a better job and more pay ain't a scam. That's good business.
    Poaching recruits and trying to poach current players......

    Maybe “scam” is too strong a description, but not by much.

    I really don’t think Monken did that, I don’t think CL would either.

    GS paid for that hoarse scarecrow to do that recruiting, and WF definitely had an ethical obligation to leave recruits/current players alone.

    i get that poaching is commonplace. Doesn’t validate or excuse the practice.

  2. Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Have you ever met or spoken with the guy? What makes him a scam artist in your opinion? He took another job that tripled his salary like anyone in the world would do given the same opportunity. As I have said before, I have one issue with what CWF did when he left and that is whining about "job security".
    Anyone?

    You telling me Erk couldn’t have tripled his salary?

    People all make choices, and money is not always the deciding factor.

    (we agree about WF’s song and dance about “job security.” That was totally debunked..... To think, he lied straight to his whole team about that.... tried to make himself put as a victim of some sort..... Swell guy.)

    Yes. I do think WF is a horrible person. They way he left proves it.

    Y’all can say what you want, but there are people in this world who want to leave a place better than they found it. They do exist.

  3. Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    No evidence has been presented to show how we got "scammed"

    Leaving for a better job and more pay ain't a scam. That's good business.
    +1

    And our inability to contractually protect ourselves against that is bad business. That’s not WF’s fault.

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hilton Head Is.
    Posts
    2,047

    Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    you do know I like the guy a lot, don't let facts get in your way, the guy is an outstanding HC and his years of being one is all you need to know. Sounds like you been listening to folks that really don't have a clue. "Scamming" works both ways. Butt hurt for some of you on here seems to last a long time. The guy is one of the most respected HC's in all of the NCAA(by his peers), he is close friends with Monken and remains a mentor to our current HC. Go figure?
    C'mon garns...stop being so reasonable. Your logic doesn't fit the narrative so obviously you're wrong. Haters gonna hate.


    Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

    EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,681

    Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Anyone?

    You telling me Erk couldn’t have tripled his salary?

    People all make choices, and money is not always the deciding factor.
    Yes, ANYONE! And anyone that says they wouldn't is lieing. We're not talking about a minimum wage job here. We're talking about $1.2 Million.

    Erk could have absolutely tripled (or more) his salary IF HE WANTED TO. And he would have done so when uga came around asking him about taking over for Dooley if he wasn't so close to retiring.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    45,808

    Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Hate to break it to you but Monken "stole" or tried to steal some of our recruits. Do you feel the same way now about as you do Fritz?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  7. Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Yes, ANYONE! And anyone that says they wouldn't is lieing. We're not talking about a minimum wage job here. We're talking about $1.2 Million.

    Erk could have absolutely tripled (or more) his salary IF HE WANTED TO. And he would have done so when uga came around asking him about taking over for Dooley if he wasn't so close to retiring.
    I personally turned down a job making far more than 3x my annual salary because I would have to live overseas.

    (I take care of my disabled parents as their POA, sole caregiver etc, etc. Been doing so for over a decade.)

    I also sold their property (which would have flowed to me as a remainder man interest-which their creditors and healthcare facilities could not have touched) for half a million. Keeps them off Medicaid... Sometimes life has bigger decisions than money. Some people would have not lost a wink of sleep in my position if they had watched their parents rot away in a crappy nursing home vs buying them good care for as long as possible.

    Call me a liar if you wish, but those are facts.

    Know why I did those things? Because I am NOT a horrible person.

    Many of y’all would probably do the right thing when it came down to it. I sleep very well at night, knowing I did the right thing. I probably won’t die rich, but I’ll look back and know I did right.

  8. #138

    Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Hate to break it to you but Monken "stole" or tried to steal some of our recruits. Do you feel the same way now about as you do Fritz?
    No he didn’t
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  9. #139

    Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I personally turned down a job making far more than 3x my annual salary because I would have to live overseas.

    (I take care of my disabled parents as their POA, sole caregiver etc, etc. Been doing so for over a decade.)

    I also sold their property (which would have flowed to me as a remainder man interest-which their creditors and healthcare facilities could not have touched) for half a million. Keeps them off Medicaid... Sometimes life has bigger decisions than money. Some people would have not lost a wink of sleep in my position if they had watched their parents rot away in a crappy nursing home vs buying them good care for as long as possible.

    Call me a liar if you wish, but those are facts.

    Know why I did those things? Because I am NOT a horrible person.

    Many of y’all would probably do the right thing when it came down to it. I sleep very well at night, knowing I did the right thing. I probably won’t die rich, but I’ll look back and know I did right.
    Don’t throw your shoulder out publicly patting yourself on the back . . .

    . . . and the insinuation I suppose is that Fritz would screw his parents over?

    PS: You might need to consult an attorney . . . your asset protection planning sounds a little suspect.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

  10. Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Don’t throw your shoulder out publicly patting yourself on the back . . .

    . . . and the insinuation I suppose is that Fritz would screw his parents over?

    PS: You might need to consult an attorney . . . your asset protection planning sounds a little suspect.
    Yeah.
    That's a hoot.

    Hope nothing tragic ever happens to your family.

    (KJ says ANYONE would do anything for 3x the money. I say otherwise.)

    Cheers.

Similar Threads

  1. Coaching Carousel
    By 81eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 19th December 2014, 10:17 AM
  2. The Coaching Carousel
    By GATA in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th January 2014, 07:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •