TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    you do know I like the guy a lot, don't let facts get in your way, the guy is an outstanding HC and his years of being one is all you need to know. Sounds like you been listening to folks that really don't have a clue. "Scamming" works both ways. Butt hurt for some of you on here seems to last a long time. The guy is one of the most respected HC's in all of the NCAA(by his peers), he is close friends with Monken and remains a mentor to our current HC. Go figure?
    C'mon garns...stop being so reasonable. Your logic doesn't fit the narrative so obviously you're wrong. Haters gonna hate.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Anyone?

You telling me Erk couldn’t have tripled his salary?

People all make choices, and money is not always the deciding factor.
    Yes, ANYONE! And anyone that says they wouldn't is lieing. We're not talking about a minimum wage job here. We're talking about $1.2 Million.

Erk could have absolutely tripled (or more) his salary IF HE WANTED TO. And he would have done so when uga came around asking him about taking over for Dooley if he wasn't so close to retiring.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Hate to break it to you but Monken "stole" or tried to steal some of our recruits. Do you feel the same way now about as you do Fritz?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I personally turned down a job making far more than 3x my annual salary because I would have to live overseas.

(I take care of my disabled parents as their POA, sole caregiver etc, etc. Been doing so for over a decade.)

I also sold their property (which would have flowed to me as a remainder man interest-which their creditors and healthcare facilities could not have touched) for half a million. Keeps them off Medicaid... Sometimes life has bigger decisions than money. Some people would have not lost a wink of sleep in my position if they had watched their parents rot away in a crappy nursing home vs buying them good care for as long as possible.

Call me a liar if you wish, but those are facts.

Know why I did those things? Because I am NOT a horrible person.

Many of y’all would probably do the right thing when it came down to it. I sleep very well at night, knowing I did the right thing. I probably won’t die rich, but I’ll look back and know I did right.
    Don’t throw your shoulder out publicly patting yourself on the back . . .

. . . and the insinuation I suppose is that Fritz would screw his parents over?

PS: You might need to consult an attorney . . . your asset protection planning sounds a little suspect.
    Sincerely,
    Irwin M. Fletcher

P.S.: Have a nice day!

5. Default Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

Yeah.
    That's a hoot.

Hope nothing tragic ever happens to your family.

(KJ says ANYONE would do anything for 3x the money. I say otherwise.)

Cheers.
    No, he didn’t. He said anyone would do that ”given the same opportunity,” he didn’t say anyone would do ”anything.” Moving from Georgia to Louisiana for 3x the money doing the same job is hardly the same as your moving overseas situation.

Yeah.
    That's a hoot.

Cheers.
    Before this thread inevitably gets locked down, I think it's fair to say he probably meant anybody under anywhere close to normal circumstances. I would think that you knew that too but just assuming you didn't, if your parents were not sick and dependent on you and in fact not living in the same state as you, would you turn down a job paying you three times what you were currently making?

yeah, lets get on topic please ....
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

We ALL know exactly how Summers got hired.

We have a handful of people with influence over the program who are much more interested in running some kind of youth group than actually winning at football.

Until those people are out numbered, we run the risk of hiring another Summers.

I love CL, and I think he is a diamond in the rough.... But the truth of the matter is-he easily could have been another Summers. I think he will work out well, but anyone with his resume was at best a 50/50 shot.

We got a real problem in this area. Our hiring priorities are still really messed up.
    As usual, you have NO idea what you are talking about.

Yeah.
    That's a hoot.

Cheers.
    I hope nothing but the best for your family. It sounds like you’re doing what you can to do right by them. I genuinely salute you for that.

I just don’t think publicly insinuating that someone else wouldn’t-someone you don’t even know-is an inappropriate way to celebrate it. Also, comparing a coach’s relationship with a ‘needy’ fan base to a son’s relationship with his parents who are truly in need doesn’t strike me as analogous.

In other news, if App’s AD leaves right in the middle of a coaching search and in the midst of early signing season . . . please let this happen.
    Sincerely,
    Irwin M. Fletcher

P.S.: Have a nice day!

It probably came across the wrong way, but I was replying to the statement KJ made about anyone taking any job that paid 3x the money.

His statement was silly.

Not all decisions in life come down to money. Nor should they.
    Correct. They shouldn’t. But Fritz taking a job for more money that would allow him to create a trust fund to take care of his kids and grandkids doesn’t make him a bad guy. In fact, I imagine his reasons for taking the high paying job look a lot like why you turned one down.