TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #good2great in 2020?

1. Default Re: #good2great in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Richrappa View Post
    We were bad this year. Met two expectations Beating State and Went Bowling.
    Consistent play is a must. Chad better figure out what the issues are and fix them.
    Bad news no more football to B about.
    This sort of thing is what makes a good HC.

A good one would be firing some coaches today.

I don't care if we had won last night. Just like USA, and CCU, that was a horrible performance but we could still have eked out a win.

Maybe it's good we lost. CL will feel pressure to fix this crap.

I'm still on the fence about DeBeese. His play calling seems irritatingly conservative, but we could make do with good blocking. I think we could do better, but I'm not sure who would be available now.

What we MUST fix is blocking. Fire every single person responsible for teaching blocking to this offense right damned now!!

If CL is good enough to be a successful GS coach, he will see this issue and fix it.

Default Re: #good2great in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    This sort of thing is what makes a good HC.

A good one would be firing some coaches today.

I don't care if we had won last night. Just like USA, and CCU, that was a horrible performance but we could still have eked out a win.

Maybe it's good we lost. CL will feel pressure to fix this crap.

I'm still on the fence about DeBeese. His play calling seems irritatingly conservative, but we could make do with good blocking. I think we could do better, but I'm not sure who would be available now.

What we MUST fix is blocking. Fire every single person responsible for teaching blocking to this offense right damned now!!

If CL is good enough to be a successful GS coach, he will see this issue and fix it.
    Speaking of irritatingly conservative, anyone have a defense or explanation for the delay of game and punt on 4th and inches in the 3rd qtr?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    The only OL we lost that was a problem was Miller. The rest are JAGs. Backer was better than Cooper. Every team in college football has multiple injuries on the OL throughout the season.

The major problem on this team is coaching.
    App has started the same 5 OL in every game but one.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Speaking of irritatingly conservative, anyone have a defense or explanation for the delay of game and punt on 4th and inches in the 3rd qtr?
    Best I could tell, he was wanting a review. He was talking to the ref and then the headset and back and forth. That play should have been reviewed as the linesman clearly moved the ball back behind the stick. Why he didn't throw the challenge flag, I do not know... but several coaches were looking at the video board and the replay was not shown... might have been one of, if not the only play that wasn't replayed on the board.

5. Default Re: #good2great in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Nope.

Those 4th and inches are incredibly frustrating.

You absolutely MUST go for it there.

If we fail right there, big deal. Maybe Liberty scores, maybe not. But no sense in handing the ball over to them again, and again, and again.

Been seeing that all season.

Looked like a bad spot from our seats, but whatever. Someone involved in those decisions would rather have a safe loss than a scary win.

Was watching it on TV. That was indeed a first down. Ref picked the ball up and walked backwards a yard or yard and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Need to quit making the OL the scapegoat?
    watch film, I think it will upset you.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    App has started the same 5 OL in every game but one.
    and 4 of the 5 are back next season(yuck)

Away: Boise State, Ole Miss, Coastal Carolina, Georgia State, Louisiana Lafayette, Louisiana Monroe
    Home: Campbell, Florida Atlantic, App State, Texas State, Troy, South Alabama

Arkansas State drops off for the one year rotation, and Texas State returns after being off for one year. In 2021, Arkansas State returns from the year off, and we lose Louisiana Monroe. Etc as it rotates through the Sun Belt West between those teams. One a year.

The whole schedule is winnable. It depends which GS team shows up. I like that we don't have 2 P5s in 2020.

Way too early prediction:
    Wins: Campbell, Florida Atlantic, Coastal Carolina, Georgia State, Texas State, South Alabama, ULM or ULL (one of the two)
    Losses: Boise State, Ole Miss, one Sun Belt road game (either ULL or ULM; we have a hard time playing where there is no crowd. Should not have to worry about that with Coastal and GAST since we travel well there)
    Toss Ups: App State, Troy

I think we can have a better record in 2020 than 2019 for sure, by at least two wins. We drop a P5, we drop stAte and add TXST, and our home schedule has App and Troy on it. Also, we will only play two conference road games in stadiums with next to zero fans (ULL and ULM) instead of the three we had this year (South Alabama, Troy, Arkansas State in 2019). Those factors help us tremendously in my opinion.

This tread should be “mediocre to good in 2020”

We were not good much less great in 2019. .