TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Offense Next Year

Default Offense Next Year

Iíll go ahead and be a broken record when it comes to the offense....the pieces are there if DeBesse (or Lunsford if heís the one holding us back) will actually do what an OC should do and strategize. DeBeese should give back part of his paycheck for his half assed coaching job this year.

DeBeese and Werts both have a lot to work on this offseason if this offense is going to live up to its potential next year. The pieces are there but if things stay status quo itís not going to matter. We are so unbelievably easy to defend itís sickening.

I would just like to see the offense be given a full chance to succeed and this year it clearly wasnít. I donít have any problems with the overall theory of the offense and Iím not asking for anything crazy. Just do what 99% of college OCís do because itís what gives the offense the best chance to succeed. We have to get out of the damn huddling BS. We lack any kind of emotion on offense but honestly I donít fault the players. Iím proud of them for not falling asleep between plays. DeBeese literally calls a play and then prays it works. Heís basically playing Tecmo Bowl out there. And maybe this is at Lunsfordís direction....I donít know. But if we donít get out of the huddle and start strategizing (calling plays based on defensive alignment and audibling) then things arenít going to get much better. So much of my frustration comes from huddling causing us to the line as slow as we do which removes almost any chance of an audible. And also not scheming to get playmakers the ball. These are all things that your average college coordinator does every single day so itís not like Iím asking for anything crazy here. But if we will do that then this offense has a chance to be really good next year. The pieces will be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Default Re: Offense Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I’ll go ahead and be a broken record when it comes to the offense....the pieces are there if DeBesse (or Lunsford if he’s the one holding us back) will actually do what an OC should do and strategize. DeBeese should give back part of his paycheck for his half assed coaching job this year.

DeBeese and Werts both have a lot to work on this offseason if this offense is going to live up to its potential next year. The pieces are there but if things stay status quo it’s not going to matter. We are so unbelievably easy to defend it’s sickening.

I would just like to see the offense be given a full chance to succeed and this year it clearly wasn’t. I don’t have any problems with the overall theory of the offense and I’m not asking for anything crazy. Just do what 99% of college OC’s do because it’s what gives the offense the best chance to succeed. We have to get out of the damn huddling BS. We lack any kind of emotion on offense but honestly I don’t fault the players. I’m proud of them for not falling asleep between plays. DeBeese literally calls a play and then prays it works. He’s basically playing Tecmo Bowl out there. And maybe this is at Lunsford’s direction....I don’t know. But if we don’t get out of the huddle and start strategizing (calling plays based on defensive alignment and audibling) then things aren’t going to get much better. So much of my frustration comes from huddling causing us to the line as slow as we do which removes almost any chance of an audible. And also not scheming to get playmakers the ball. These are all things that your average college coordinator does every single day so it’s not like I’m asking for anything crazy here. But if we will do that then this offense has a chance to be really good next year. The pieces will be there.
    Dang I'm about to agree with half. There just doesn't seem to be a strategy of take what they give until they take it and then take what they gave up...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

Will our QB be challenged by his backups next season? The best players need to play regardless of seniority. Curious to see whatís in store for the future of this offense. I would love to see more speed on this team as well moving forward.

Get the OL play up to 2015 level and even if QB play remains at the current level we can get the scoring offense into the mid or upper 30s.

As I said, the offensive scheme can and should create more big plays in the IZ and we can do it more often if we get the line back up to where it needs to be next season. That's not on blocking my running backs and cruisers and receivers. That's all on the front 5.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

We have one true playmaker on Offense.

We have a good athlete that is paralyzed by poor blocking, but nothing more that.

Other than that I agree half. The first two drives of the Bob Debesse calmed games are tough to watch.

9 three and outs. 27 consecutive plays with less than 10 yards of production between them with two weeks to prepare and a third year pretty good starting QB. Let that sink in. For those holding on to whatever the status quo is I implore you to rethink our circumstance. This isn't Shai making bad decisions or the offensive line laying down. It's possible but no matter the environment this football class is conducted in is insufficient to learn in all of it's complexities. Pointing fingers at players is sad with what we've seen this year.

7. Default Re: Offense Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Get the OL play up to 2015 level and even if QB play remains at the current level we can get the scoring offense into the mid or upper 30s.

As I said, the offensive scheme can and should create more big plays in the IZ and we can do it more often if we get the line back up to where it needs to be next season. That's not on blocking my running backs and cruisers and receivers. That's all on the front 5.
    That’s a very important point.

Defenses have seen that we cannot make holes, so they seem to be covering the edges much better. Of course, if there’s no blocking there either, their job just got much simpler.

8. Default Re: Offense Next Year

I just want to pass more thatís all I ask

The last 6.5 minutes of the game was a microcosm of why things have to change. We get the ball down 10 around our own 30 and proceed to nearly run out the clock on our own possession. We come out running a little no huddle with some success, then go back into huddling for some unknown reason. Werts goes out injured, so we huddle up to simply call wildcat plays for Kennedy. Of course, we only manage a FG in the process of burning 5 minutes off the clock, but since we've burned 2 timeouts already, we're forced to onside kick.

This is D1 college football and we either refuse to go no huddle or we don't even really have a no huddle. Either way, there's no excuse for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    The last 6.5 minutes of the game was a microcosm of why things have to change. We get the ball down 10 around our own 30 and proceed to nearly run out the clock on our own possession. We come out running a little no huddle with some success, then go back into huddling for some unknown reason. Werts goes out injured, so we huddle up to simply call wildcat plays for Kennedy. Of course, we only manage a FG in the process of burning 5 minutes off the clock, but since we've burned 2 timeouts already, we're forced to onside kick.

This is D1 college football and we either refuse to go no huddle or we don't even really have a no huddle. Either way, there's no excuse for it.
    Trust in Debesse! Because: Reasons